The Student Room Group

Potential Work Experience for Year 11

Hey guys,

Just wondering what I sort of work experience that is avaliable for year 11 students?

I am interested in Economics, so anything orienteered towards that will be good. I don't really want to be making coffee and photocopying stuff, but rather be involved. I don't mind programs and schemes which bring together all the applicants etc. and have a sort of insight or presentations engaging with others.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.
Reply 1
Wall street?
Original post by Xphoenix
Hey guys,

Just wondering what I sort of work experience that is avaliable for year 11 students?

I am interested in Economics, so anything orienteered towards that will be good. I don't really want to be making coffee and photocopying stuff, but rather be involved. I don't mind programs and schemes which bring together all the applicants etc. and have a sort of insight or presentations engaging with others.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Not many formal schemes are available at the big investment banks for year 11s, most insight/work xp programmes are aimed at y12 and y13. HSBC however offer one week work placements for 14-18 year olds so that could be worthwhile. Link below for HSBC scheme details as well as other bank schemes :smile: good work trying to get an early start in your career.

http://www.studentladder.co.uk/work/banking.html
Reply 4
It says the applications are closed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest