The Student Room Group

UKCAT

I'm applying for 2016 entry and was just wondering when it would be a good time to start preparing for the UKCAT. I would like to get a minimum of 700 or 710 if that's any help :tongue:

I am taking the BMAT as well.
After your summer exams. Focus on them first and then start prep for ukcat a few weeks before your test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
After your summer exams, the UKCAT isn't really a test you can revise for. You may revise months and months and still get below 700. A lot is to do with technique, speed and luck!

BMAT I would suggest to revise it next summer in August.

For now just focus on year 12:smile:
Original post by ChordaeTendineae
To echo what has been said above, don't bother with UKCAT/ BMAT prep until you've finished your AS exams.
You'll need about 3-4 weeks to prepare for the UKCAT, and I wouldn't recommend longer than this because you'll become fed up of it. For the BMAT I started going over GCSE science in the beginning of October then spent the half term before the exam doing papers. In hindsight I would have still started preparing for the BMAT in October, but I would have put in more time and effort.

Original post by Mrs House
After your summer exams, the UKCAT isn't really a test you can revise for. You may revise months and months and still get below 700. A lot is to do with technique, speed and luck!

BMAT I would suggest to revise it next summer in August.

For now just focus on year 12:smile:

Original post by ForestCat
After your summer exams. Focus on them first and then start prep for ukcat a few weeks before your test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot guys, I've got a better idea now of what's expected :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending