The Student Room Group

30, no degree, has A levels, currently unemployed, unsure of what to do

All the best! O.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Nah, I went straight into a job after graduating.
Reply 2
What did you graduate in?
What have you done since your A levels?
Reply 4
Original post by OllyD84
What did you graduate in?

Chemistry
Reply 5
I see, so what job did you end up getting after graduation? And did you know exactly what job you wanted afterwards?
My boyfriend's uncle dropped out of his maths degree at Exeter and went to Norway to become a goat farmer. You could consider it.
study a nursing pathway on nhs? do lab work? find a role in health care? i m studying 'art' so my advice is shady to say the least. :coma:
Reply 8
Original post by OllyD84
I see, so what job did you end up getting after graduation? And did you know exactly what job you wanted afterwards?

No, I just applied to a bundle of grad schemes and took the first one that accepted me.
Original post by OllyD84
I have done a few things, tried a museum technician apprenticeship, but unfortunately left prior to completion due to injury. I have worked in face to face customer service roles, motorway services. I and worked in ware house type jobs.

Sound like a jack of all trades.
Take on a degree level course in something you enjoy, even if its through the open university. You could instead do job specific training if you're really sure of what you fancy.
Going have to pick something to commit yourself to some day :P
Any sectors you find particularly interesting, or have any personal aims? i.e. office job, active, humanitarian, research, public/private/charity sects etc.?

PS I can really recommend the Prospects planner - was spot on for my prospective suited career options/paths.
Original post by hellodave5
Sound like a jack of all trades.
Take on a degree level course in something you enjoy, even if its through the open university. You could instead do job specific training if you're really sure of what you fancy.
Going have to pick something to commit yourself to some day :P
Any sectors you find particularly interesting, or have any personal aims? i.e. office job, active, humanitarian, research, public/private/charity sects etc.?

PS I can really recommend the Prospects planner - was spot on for my prospective suited career options/paths.

What is the Prospects planner?
Original post by mrocd2014
What is the Prospects planner?

You give an inferential tool your preferences regarding all the facets involved in choosing a career path, and it spits out those best fitting.
When I did it, it came out with all of my past tentative career choices, my current one, and the one I'm going for with relatively high accuracy (particularly what I wanted to do when I was younger).
We are always unsure of what to do throughout our lives
Reply 13

Original post by JamesManc
We are always unsure of what to do throughout our lives

Ain't that the truth! Been good to get some points of view, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending