The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

mental health nursing at UCLAN

hey there!
I have an interview on 14th january 2015 for mental health nursing , i know that I have to take a maths and english test and a group interview.
what will be in the maths and english test? for maths, i think that there will be conversions and fractions as i have researched this.
how is the group interview assessed?:confused: i'm quite anxious and nervous about this.. so does anyone have an invitation on that day?
thanks

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview there last month,got an offer less than two week later.
The group interview involved discussing pictures of things like people binge drinking, just show you listen to others points and show your caring and non-judgemental.
The maths was pretty much basic arithmetic and the english test was a short essay. I had four interviews and Uclan was by far the easiest and most comfortable one.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the information :smile:
Original post by bubbles_n
Thanks for the information :smile:

No problem, best of luck for your interview:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bubbles_n
hey there!
I have an interview on 14th january 2015 for mental health nursing , i know that I have to take a maths and english test and a group interview.
what will be in the maths and english test? for maths, i think that there will be conversions and fractions as i have researched this.
how is the group interview assessed?:confused: i'm quite anxious and nervous about this.. so does anyone have an invitation on that day?
thanks

Hi, i have an interview on friday for childrens nursing. im so scared! how did it go? what were the questions like? any tips?

Thanks in advance and good luck!!! :smile: :smile: :smile::biggrin:
Reply 5
Hey I have a conditional offer well because you are doing child nursing it will be different. On the english test they ask you what roles and responsibilities does a mental health nurse so again they might ask you what are the roles and the responsibilities for the children nurse. For the maths test it was basics wordered question they were ratio, fraction, conversion, you only needed 7 marks to pass but make sure you ask how many marks are needed to pass. I did a group interview make sure you don't talk over people and just be patient and make sure you do talk. They put a picture on the board and you just have to relate to the picture ie there was a person that looked homeless, again because your doing children nursing I would think it will be a lot different.
After the group interview you will get a chance to talk to one of the teacher so make sure you have a question best of luck x
Reply 6
How did everyone get on in interviews?????

I had mine Friday and got a conditional offer yesterday .. Wooohooooo xxxx

Made up! Xx
Hi I have just been offerred a place on mental health nursing :smile: best of luck everyone and well done to all who been offered places already
Original post by Anne-marie1
Hi I have just been offerred a place on mental health nursing :smile: best of luck everyone and well done to all who been offered places already

congratulations, for september?:smile: if so i ll see you there:smile:
Yes September :smile:
Yes September :smile:

:smile: are you commuting?
Yes from Manchester. Hope its a nice journey. How about you?
Yes from Manchester. Hope its a nice journey. How about you?

i live 20 minutes from campus so will be walking in:smile:
Yay for all the new nurses coming in September :^_^:
Yayyy just found out I got through to start in Sept 2015 😃😃
Reply 15
Original post by leanne.1992
Yayyy just found out I got through to start in Sept 2015 😃😃

That's excellent news, I know that I will be starting in September too, and for student accomodation I will be in the IQ accomodation. Anyone else will be there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've an interview on wednesday for MH nursing @ UCLAN. I'm excited but nervous too! wish me luck :O x
Good luck. You'll be fine, its not as scary as you may think. Plus the interviewers are lovely
Good luck. You'll be fine, its not as scary as you may think. Plus the interviewers are lovely

Awh I'm more nervous cos I'm flying from Ireland to a completely unfamiliar place lol!
Preston is unfamiliar to me too so I understand how you feel. I found it useful turning up early and having something to eat and drink before we started and calming myself down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending