The Student Room Group

Reading

Hi guys,
I'm a tenth grader and I'm doing 7 GCSEs this year. I like reading books. A lot. But I won't exactly refer to myself as a bookworm, I mostly read e books and I read them in the comfort of my bed. So, you won't be actually be seeing me carrying a book everywhere I go. I'm sitting my exams this June. My mom and my sisters told me that I had to forget about reading (at least just for now) because there's no time, and that I should focus more on studying for my subjects. Okay, to be honest, when reading a book I just sit down and forget about studying until I get it done with, I need help on what to do regarding this. (Funny considering that this is a very petty issue and that compared to what I'm facing is nothing) Oh, I'm also sitting my English(SL) exam this June, and-hopefully- English (FL) next year.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
I suggest you make a schedule: give yourself enough time to study but also some time to read. Plan it out so that you are studying during the parts of the day where you're the most awake (for me it's from after 5pm, but you might find that you're really active in the morning or something). You can read in the evening when you've given up all hopes of learning anything :macarena: Just remember that studying is your priority, and from what I understand, reading is more of a hobby.
Original post by Nerdz
I suggest you make a schedule: give yourself enough time to study but also some time to read. Plan it out so that you are studying during the parts of the day where you're the most awake (for me it's from after 5pm, but you might find that you're really active in the morning or something). You can read in the evening when you've given up all hopes of learning anything :macarena: Just remember that studying is your priority, and from what I understand, reading is more of a hobby.

Thanks for replying. I think that it is better to set some time before bedtime for reading, You're right! Thanks a lot :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest