The Student Room Group

OCR A2 G674 June 2015 Exploring Social Inequality and Difference

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by candyfloss_1
I was wondering if you have an essay for marxism and gender?outline and assess marxist views on gender inequality?

No because apparently that's an unlikely question for gender
Original post by Nezza97
No because apparently that's an unlikely question for gender

What questions are likely to come up for gender?
Reply 82
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Model answer for Marxist explanations for ethnic inequality
Reply 83
Attachment not found
image.jpg

Cultural explanations for ethnic inequality. Bear in mind guys that these are 40 marks
Reply 84
What questions are likely to come up for gender?

For the 20 marker, either male advantage, male disadvantage, female advantage, female disadvantage. For the 40 marker feminist explanations for gender inequality or sociological explanations that gender inequality does not exist anymore
Original post by Nezza97
For the 20 marker, either male advantage, male disadvantage, female advantage, female disadvantage. For the 40 marker feminist explanations for gender inequality or sociological explanations that gender inequality does not exist anymore

how about ethnicity
Reply 86
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Postmodern explanations for ethnic inequality
what is the difference between mixed methods and methodological pluralism????
Reply 88
Original post by veryscared123
how about ethnicity

Ethnicity for the 20 mark is very simple, it's either some ethnic groups are disadvantaged or some ethnic groups are no longer disadvantaged and for the 40 marker it's the model answers I sent. Marxist, weberian, cultural or postmodern explanations for ethnic inequality
Original post by Nezza97
Ethnicity for the 20 mark is very simple, it's either some ethnic groups are disadvantaged or some ethnic groups are no longer disadvantaged and for the 40 marker it's the model answers I sent. Marxist, weberian, cultural or postmodern explanations for ethnic inequality

ok thank you ,i don't really have any points for how males are disadvantaged and how females are advantaged ,do you have any model answers
Gues what does operationalizing mean i am so stuck!!
Reply 91
do you have model answer for feminist explanations for gender inequality and sociological explanations that gender inequality does not exist anymore
Original post by ilhan123

I'm sure operationalisation has come up before so it will not come up this year.
Original post by Nezza97

Seems ok to be honest
What does you teacher think is more likely to come up - Ethnicity or Gender?
Reply 94
edexcel sending.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
image.jpg
Original post by veryscared123
ok thank you ,i don't really have any points for how males are disadvantaged and how females are advantaged ,do you have any model answers

Female advantage and disadvantage and male advantage and disadvantage. All four essays are there
My teacher predictions were: functionalist explanations for ethnic inequality and for gender the key concept would be patriarchy like in June 2011
Reply 96
hi there i'm really struggling on how to do explanations on the evidence question? does anybody have any example answers of this please i would be very grateful
Original post by ilhan123

don't worry it came up as a 15 marker in June 2013 and Jan 2011 - at worst it may be in a 25 marker but I doubt it ...
Reply 98
Okay so I'm revising Gender, Age and Ethnicity...

Gender- Weber, Feminism, Functionalism

Age- Functionalism, Post Modernism Feminism

Ethnicity- Weber, Marxism, Functionalism

Are there any other questions in these areas that anyone would recommend revising?
Reply 99
Seems ok to be honest
What does you teacher think is more likely to come up - Ethnicity or Gender?

It's between the two to be honest I'm not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending