The Student Room Group

Do you plan on having kids?

Scroll to see replies

It scares me to see people my age (18!) or even younger having babies and posting pictures on facebook of them. I don't know if this is just me!
Reply 81
Original post by fluffylittlecat
It scares me to see people my age (18!) or even younger having babies and posting pictures on facebook of them. I don't know if this is just me!

******* terrifying, I'm with you on this.
Original post by fluffylittlecat

It scares me and makes me feel old. :frown:
I'm 23 and hope to have kids one day, but not for another 5+ years. I only want one or two children, because I'm not sure if I'd be able to cope with looking after loads of kids, and it'd also just be a bit easier money-wise.
Original post by doolala
I'm female, 15 almost 16, and I don't want kids. This world is a horrible place and can only get worse. Negative I know, but that's what I believe. No way would I want to put my child through a life that could be complete horror. But, who knows what the future holds...

Tbh, even though I'd like to have kids, I've also had this worrying thought about the world not being very nice. I've even thought about maybe homeschooling my kids so I don't have to worry about them being bullied at school, but I guess you can only protect them for so long.
Yes but probably when I'm 26, I've still got aggeeessss.
Reply 86
I don't want children myself. Been saying this since I was 12/13, I'm now 26 and feel exactly the same. I don't want that responsibility, I don't like children and I don't want it to be what I spend a lot of my life doing. It was confirmed to me last night when my cousin, his girlfriend and her young children came over. I can't engage with kids, I couldn't tolerate the noise (genuinely had a raging headache afterwards) and constant need for attention and I just don't have the willpower or desire to handle them.
I'm 20. I think I'll probably have kids, possibly in late thirties, but who knows how I'll feel then. Definitely not wanting to have kids in the next 10 years. I'd also rather adopt than give birth. Thinks it's better to adopt because it's meant to be horrible growing up in government care
Lol I'm 28 now, no significant other to speak of, so the chances of me having kids is extremely slim. I just can't imagine being a Mum to some helpless child.
I'm 22, nearly 23. I don't ever want kids or marriage or anything silly like that.

I don't know why, it just doesn't appeal to me.
Reply 90
I would ideal be married first then have twins of whatever sex (got twins on both sides) then maybe try for one of the other sex. In a ideal world I would have near enough identical boy girl twins then that would be my lot tie my tubes job done.

So 3 kids maximum unless I have multiple births. I am 21 now and would want to start a family within the next 3-4years so aged around 24-25.
I'm 17 too
I would love to have children one day but who knows?? I've no idea what my future will look like..
I love the idea of having a large family, maybe 4 or 5 kids..
But I would definitely wait until I get married.
I also love the idea of adopting from overseas...taking in the orphans and all that..
I might have a couple kids naturally and adopt a few too :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I would love children it adds more responsibility to your life and looking after a kid would kinda be fun tbh but to have kids I've first gotta find that one person who wants to have kids who knows I might find her soon or never who knows
Reply 93
Original post by Andaxay
I don't want children myself. Been saying this since I was 12/13, I'm now 26 and feel exactly the same. I don't want that responsibility, I don't like children and I don't want it to be what I spend a lot of my life doing. It was confirmed to me last night when my cousin, his girlfriend and her young children came over. I can't engage with kids, I couldn't tolerate the noise (genuinely had a raging headache afterwards) and constant need for attention and I just don't have the willpower or desire to handle them.

This the exact same for me except I'm only 18, haha. Why do children insist on constant attention? Can peace not be given for 5 minutes?
yep! im 18 and i really want to have children! :love:

but not until im older and with a stable life and i can look after them properly! :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by bethnonsense
I'm 17 too
I would love to have children one day but who knows?? I've no idea what my future will look like..
I love the idea of having a large family, maybe 4 or 5 kids..
But I would definitely wait until I get married.
I also love the idea of adopting from overseas...taking in the orphans and all that..
I might have a couple kids naturally and adopt a few too :smile:

i think you're my twin haha, I'm exactly the same, I'm 17 and I'd like 5, maybe 3 my own and 2 through international adoption, I'd love to take them out of a bad situation and give them the best education and opportunities they can have, but who knows, I might have five of my own!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm 17 and I definitely want children. I'm from a family of four children (and the oldest, so have been surrounded by babies most of my life) so I cannot imagine not having my own. Definitely no more than two or three though!
I have 8 siblings so naturally I'd want a big family. As much as I can support really. 7 max though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Hopefully within the next two years, but I'm 30 so this has been a long time coming. Would have liked to have children earlier but career choice/lack of suitable partners made it difficult!
Original post by Abzey_97
I have 8 siblings so naturally I'd want a big family. As much as I can support really. 7 max though.

A great goal. How do many kids you can support by now? more than two?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending