The Student Room Group

Confused about uni course!

To whoever reads this.. basically, I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Durham & St. Andrews - the former three for chemistry and the latter two for chemistry and physics. I'm currently waiting for Oxford's decision but I seem to have come to a crossroads. I love chemistry and think I'd enjoy studying it for four years, but I also love physics and maths (not referring to their crosslinks with chemistry), and even think I would enjoy aspects of an engineering degree (although I still don't know much about them). If Oxford accepts me, I think it'd be wise to stick with chemistry but if not, I don't know whether I should explore other options, as chemistry graduates are arguably less employable than maths/phys/engineering and I would potentially like something with a higher maths content. Any thoughts would be appreciated, cheers!
Reply 1
Original post by sebastiands
To whoever reads this.. basically, I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Durham & St. Andrews - the former three for chemistry and the latter two for chemistry and physics. I'm currently waiting for Oxford's decision but I seem to have come to a crossroads. I love chemistry and think I'd enjoy studying it for four years, but I also love physics and maths (not referring to their crosslinks with chemistry), and even think I would enjoy aspects of an engineering degree (although I still don't know much about them). If Oxford accepts me, I think it'd be wise to stick with chemistry but if not, I don't know whether I should explore other options, as chemistry graduates are arguably less employable than maths/phys/engineering and I would potentially like something with a higher maths content. Any thoughts would be appreciated, cheers!

If you don't get in to Oxford consider applying to natural science at Cambridge and other unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MedAppli
If you don't get in to Oxford consider applying to natural science at Cambridge and other unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually applied for chemistry and physics within NatSci at Durham so fair enough, that is an option. Now to decide if engineering is a viable option lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending