The Student Room Group

GettingFit2015 Transformation Blog

Hey guys!:dance:

Starting photos and measurements are going to be uploaded later on or tomorrow.

My goals:
1. Start exercising more, and stick to my exercise plan!
2. Start eating healthier foods BUT not cutting myself off from my favourite foods i.e. cake and ice-cream.
3.Try and run a 5K with the help of C25K

Current weight=75kg
Goal weight (for challenge)=70kg
Overall goal weight=62-65kg
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Day 1 (1st January 2015)

Breakfast-Cornflakes and milk
Lunch-Chicken salad
Dinner-Chicken Korma
Snack- Slice of chocolate cake that I made :clap2:

Exercise- Complete fail- 2 minutes

Day 2 (2nd January 2015)

Breakfast-Porridge with milk
Lunch-Nothing
Dinner-Stuffed pepper with sweet potato chips
Snack- Carrot and piece of chocolate

Exercise- 20 minute home workout-110 calories

Day 3 (3rd January 2015)

Breakfast- Cornflakes and milk
Lunch- Small chicken pie
Dinner-Pasta with chicken and sausage
Snack- 2 scoops of ice cream, small slice of chocolate cake

Exercise- Rest Day
Day 4 (4th January 2015)

Today was a good day, but I do snack a lot hm...:confused:

Exercise-
Fitness Blender HIIT Workout
Half of Glute Fitness Blender Workout
Original post by GettingFit2015
Day 4 (4th January 2015)

Exercise-
Fitness Blender HIIT Workout
Half of Glute Fitness Blender Workout

I use fitnessblender too. Their home workout videos are great :smile:
Original post by StarlightSmiles
I use fitnessblender too. Their home workout videos are great :smile:

Definitely! I'm thinking about buying one of their plans too, really cheap!
Day 5 (5th January 2015)

Fitness Blender Ab video- 129 calories

Day 6 (6th January 2015)

No exercise
X

Hi there,

Your photos don't appear to have worked in the entry thread. Any chance you cou;d re-upload them. Thanks.
Last couple of days have been quite bad,but back to it tomorrow. I've done no exercise either. I doubt Ican exercise but I can try go for walks tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been really hard to eat healthy recently as I'm staying in a hotel.
Has anyone got any suggestions what I can do for exercise whilst in a hotel room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You could try stuff like squats, Calf Raises, Lunges+most abdominal exercises require little to no equipment. But thats just off the top of my head, i haven't done a bodyweight routine in a very long time.

Maybe if you fill up a water bottle or something equivalent you could just treat that as a little dumbbell and do lateral raises, bicep curls, tricep kick backs, shoulder press etc

May have to do some higher receptions on the exercises though but once you have some form of weight to use, you can get very creative.
Original post by Mackx
You could try stuff like squats, Calf Raises, Lunges+most abdominal exercises require little to no equipment. But thats just off the top of my head, i haven't done a bodyweight routine in a very long time.

Maybe if you fill up a water bottle or something equivalent you could just treat that as a little dumbbell and do lateral raises, bicep curls, tricep kick backs, shoulder press etc

May have to do some higher receptions on the exercises though but once you have some form of weight to use, you can get very creative.

Thanks! That's really helpful and I'll try do a workout tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!
Staying at a hotel is not good for healthy eating!
Breakfast- Granola and dried fruit, boiled egg and toast
Lunch/Dinner-Half of a box of chinese food (noodles etc)
Snacks-Tracker Chocolate Chip Bar

Exercise- Walking for 30 minutes+Gonna do some squats etc later hopefully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I admire those who are willing to get into shape and I say good luck to those who want to.

But for many people, who set the bar way too high, they usually always end up like this:

So don't be too overachieving if you're new to starting out at fitness and sport.
I hate being at this hotel :unimpressed:
Premier inn buffet breakfast will be my downfall, over 800 calories just for brunch!
Wednesday/Thursday is when I'n gonna have to get back into my fitness routine.
Pft I won't be having such a big breakfast tomorrow anyway.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't even want to post my calories today...literally worst day so far. Tomorrow I'm getting back to it properly, I've been looking at gyms and fitness classes and 'Aquafit' looks so good, I really want to join! There's also a gym at my school which I'm going to go to!

My plan is to do 2 days at the gym, 1 day of aqua fit and the 3/4 other days will be fitness blender workouts:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't even want to post my calories today...literally worst day so far. Tomorrow I'm getting back to it properly, I've been looking at gyms and fitness classes and 'Aquafit' looks so good, I really want to join! There's also a gym at my school which I'm going to go to!

My plan is to do 2 days at the gym, 1 day of aqua fit and the 3/4 other days will be fitness blender workouts:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope today was better!
Staying at a hotel for the past few days has not helped whatsoever, and today I found out that we're probably going to be staying for a fair few more days until work on our house is finished.
It's just frustrating because I want to eat healthy but we're eating out all the time e.g. McDonald's and pub meals
Also I have hardly any opportunity to exercise, as I forgot all my work out clothes :/

For now I'll just have to carry on with the aim of completely restarting when we leave the hotel. This will put me back a couple of weeks on the challenge but I should have even more motivation to make a hopefully winning change in 10 weeks.

Apart from this, today I went to ALDI and I saw they have a new fitness range out. They have sets of weights (1kg, 2kg, 3kg) for only £6.49, I'm thinking of getting the 3kg weights because I actually haven't got any weights whatsoever and so many workouts require them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staying at a hotel for the past few days has not helped whatsoever, and today I found out that we're probably going to be staying for a fair few more days until work on our house is finished.
It's just frustrating because I want to eat healthy but we're eating out all the time e.g. McDonald's and pub meals
Also I have hardly any opportunity to exercise, as I forgot all my work out clothes :/

For now I'll just have to carry on with the aim of completely restarting when we leave the hotel. This will put me back a couple of weeks on the challenge but I should have even more motivation to make a hopefully winning change in 10 weeks.

Apart from this, today I went to ALDI and I saw they have a new fitness range out. They have sets of weights (1kg, 2kg, 3kg) for only £6.49, I'm thinking of getting the 3kg weights because I actually haven't got any weights whatsoever and so many workouts require them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you could use some clothes that are slightly loose fitting and don't mind training in? Or you could do some training in your hotel room?

Thanks for the info about Aldi. I'll have to pop down and see if they still have anything here.
Original post by hessajee
Maybe you could use some clothes that are slightly loose fitting and don't mind training in? Or you could do some training in your hotel room?

Thanks for the info about Aldi. I'll have to pop down and see if they still have anything here.

Yeah I'm sure I can find some leggings but I'm going to go for a long walk now.

They gave armbands, kettlebells etc at ALDI- it's great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my 3kg dumbbells today! Such a bargin at only £6.49

Today was actually a decent day in terms of eating 1421183191023.jpg

Exercise- A bit of walking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest