The Student Room Group

Which science?

Poll

Which science do you like most?

Which science do you like most?

Participate in this poll, so we can prevent any further threads asking which science should I choose etc. One must note though, it is not important what others think, and it shouldn't affect your choice and interests. Nevertheless, it is interesting to know what others in TSR think.

For me, it has got to be chemistry. It's the most central science and is fundamental to biology, medicine and many areas of science. Although one might argue chemistry is not as fundamental as physics, it's more interesting, fun and has the added bonus of explosive and colourful experiments! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Biology
Reply 2
Mine's biology and not surpsingly it'sthe most popular. Although if I'm completely honest, my favourite aspect of science is biochen because I just love how it all fits together. How sad.
Chemistry but that is closely followed by Biology :smile:
Reply 4
34 person
Mine's biology and not surpsingly it'sthe most popular. Although if I'm completely honest, my favourite aspect of science is biochen because I just love how it all fits together. How sad.

Just looking at your sig.

You have so many 100% in your GCSE's and you're doing so many A-levels!

Congrats and good luck!

EDIT: Then I saw this: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=300502

Cheh! Because there are crazy ppl like your sig suggests at my school! Not kidding!
From doing both subjects, biology and chemistry at AS-level I would say chemistry. My biggest regret about sixth form is the day I chose my A-level subjects and I wish that I had realized and had any common sense to not choose biology. I love chemistry; every characteristic of chemistry is exciting and interesting.Chemistry is a lot of more fun at some points, but some aspects can be boring. In chemistry you get to do a lot more practicals especially if you’re intending to do at A2 level. Biology I found a lot harder and to be honest it didn’t really fascinate me at all to be it did quite the opposite bored me to death. I hated so much that at some points I never wanted to attend the lessons. Whereas with chemistry the main point to passing it is understanding the material and applying what you've learn to other principles.Both subjects are really popular and worthwhile to do it. Both will bring good prospects after college in particularly if you’re applying for medicine and dentistry however a lot of the science course put more importance on chemistry rather then biology. However these are subjective opinion and different people enjoy learning things in their own way many people love physics but at the same point many hate it..
Reply 6

Biology (especially the Genetics and reproduction aspects of it)
Reply 7
Physics. Motion is beautiful dont'cha think?

And quantum is soooo interesting. :smile:
Reply 8

To make this thread more interesting, everyone should state what they like about their chosen subject. :biggrin:

PS - The Human System/Anatomy in Biology is also very appealing to me.
Chemistry or Physics.
I see Biology as little more than a big glorified memory test. :p:
Reply 10
calcium878

Even though I love Biology to death I'm going to agree that this is pretty much true. :biggrin:

Anyway, I heart Biology because of Human Biology, most specifically because of immunology, virology, etc. I love sickness and how destructive disease can be on the human body and how the body survives disease. It's fascinating in my view.
Reply 11
calcium878
Chemistry or Physics.

But you are in no position to comment.

Firstly - you are an AS student so you know little to nothing about Biology. :p:
Secondly - Biology is not even one of your subjects.
Reply 12
Physics is my favourite science, then Chemistry. I don't like Biology, at all.

Physics requires understanding, intuition and the most maths out of any science - Biology is just pure fact learning, in my opinion.
Reply 13
For me, it's chemistry all the way. It's so interesting and I love all the practical work involved. I also do Physics for A-level and it is hard but IMO, it is the foundations of all science, physics is everything.
Reply 14
Why do people on this forum like Chemistry?? :confused: Atleast leave behind the reason why you like it. :smile: In my opinion, it is the most uninteresting science (not to sound harsh!) nothing about it makes any sense and nothing about it will help me in MY life, whereas Biology and Physics are very useful.
Reply 15
Noobish
Why do people on this forum like Chemistry?? :confused: Atleast leave behind the reason why you like it. :smile: In my opinion, it is the most uninteresting science (not to sound harsh!) nothing about it makes any sense and nothing about it will help me in MY life, whereas Biology and Physics are very useful.

Really? How weird? I guess you don't enjoy experiments then.
Reply 16
Biology :smile:
Reply 17
Physics
Reply 18
It seems most people here either enjoy chemistry most or find it most difficult and need help because there are more chemistry threads/posts than physics and biology.
Reply 19
Ah too hard to chose between physics and chemistry.

Latest

Trending

Trending