The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheepish153
Offer for Earth Science!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:biggrin: just a little bit happy

Congratulations so happy for you. Wish I'm as happy as you. If gera crossed I too get an offer from durham and St. Andrews. Anyway best of luck. And congrats again 😄😄😄😄😄
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 61
Original post by tsandhu2
Hi I studied in india too. May I ask how much you got in boards and in class 10th maths. Also do you think you can have a look at my board marks and tell if I have a chance at St. Andrews.

history 88%
English85%
Geograghy96%
Economics 92%
Psychology:93%
Total:90.8%

Year 10 maths B1

I did ICSE in the 10th
Math-99
English-90
Science-92
Social Studies-94
Hindi-92
Commercial applications-99

So that left me with an overall of 94.3

In the 12th I'm doing ISC, my predicted grades are

English-90
Math-90
Political Science-90
Psychology-90
Economics-95

So that's a 91 overall

I have an offer for IR and Eco and my condition is just an 85 overall in my boards so I think you should have a good chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that's amazing congratulations I'm sure you'll do better than 91% and best of luck for boards. I was in cbse board. Sorry I wanted to ask you about you're requirement. Like on the site it say indian students need a 90.8% overall but you told me you needed a 85%. Did you call them or was that the requirement for you're course thanks. Best of luck😄

Original post by Rid
I did ICSE in the 10th
Math-99
English-90
Science-92
Social Studies-94
Hindi-92
Commercial applications-99

So that left me with an overall of 94.3

In the 12th I'm doing ISC, my predicted grades are

English-90
Math-90
Political Science-90
Psychology-90
Economics-95

So that's a 91 overall

I have an offer for IR and Eco and my condition is just an 85 overall in my boards so I think you should have a good chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Wow that's amazing congratulations I'm sure you'll do better than 91% and best of luck for boards. I was in cbse board. Sorry I wanted to ask you about you're requirement. Like on the site it say indian students need a 90.8% overall but you told me you needed a 85%. Did you call them or was that the requirement for you're course thanks. Best of luck😄

Thanks a ton. Haha boards are in the next 10 days, so fingers crossed! You don't need to be sorry, the entry requirement is 90 but my condition is an 85. So my predicted grades (91) helped meet the entry requirement (90) and hopefully in my boards I'll get an 85 or more (which is the condition, because I have a conditional offer)

In your case since you already have your board results, if you get an offer it'll most probably be unconditional. Whether you get an offer or not will be based on the board results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Thanks a ton. Haha boards are in the next 10 days, so fingers crossed! You don't need to be sorry, the entry requirement is 90 but my condition is an 85. So my predicted grades (91) helped meet the entry requirement (90) and hopefully in my boards I'll get an 85 or more (which is the condition, because I have a conditional offer)

In your case since you already have your board results, if you get an offer it'll most probably be unconditional. Whether you get an offer or not will be based on the board results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully i do. Really want to go to St. Andrews or durham. Well best of luck. I'm sure you'll do well. Honestly if you know you're syllabus well boards will be easy😄😄
Reply 65
hopefully i do. Really want to go to St. Andrews or durham. Well best of luck. I'm sure you'll do well. Honestly if you know you're syllabus well boards will be easy😄😄

Thanks a ton :smile: your board results seem to meet the entry requirements so with a strong PS to back them up, I can't see any reason as to why you won't be given an offer. Good luck for both Durham and St.A's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a ton :smile: your board results seem to meet the entry requirements so with a strong PS to back them up, I can't see any reason as to why you won't be given an offer. Good luck for both Durham and St.A's :smile:

thanks😄😄😄 fingers crossed!!!
Reply 67
Original post by LilliTabea
I've also applied to St Andrews for International Relations, and at Edinburgh, Aberdeen, LSE and Dundee.
Did you already hear anything from anyone?
I know that it's going to take some time to even get a reply but i'm so anxious :s :biggrin:

Got my offer in early November.
Reply 68
Original post by EllieO'Keeffe
I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow, but haven't heard from anywhere else yet. St Andrews takes a while to respond as they don't even start reading applications till the 15th. I've applied for IR too, but it's soso competitive at St A's, like 15 applicants per place, but I want it so bad! Are you from Scotland?

St Andrews is most definitely reading applications, and started sending out applications in the autumn. I got mine (IR) in early November. Going to Open Day on 1st April. Anyone else?
Original post by dufus
St Andrews is most definitely reading applications, and started sending out applications in the autumn. I got mine (IR) in early November. Going to Open Day on 1st April. Anyone else?

Are you a student from outside of Scotland? Because I know they get theire offers earlier. Most Scottish students who haven't sat all their exams yet don't get an offer until after the UCAS deadline (Jan 15th) and they say the majority of offers are sent in March. Regardless, congratulations on getting in! :smile: I'm waiting here in agony to hear back :frown:
Original post by EllieO'Keeffe
Are you a student from outside of Scotland? Because I know they get theire offers earlier. Most Scottish students who haven't sat all their exams yet don't get an offer until after the UCAS deadline (Jan 15th) and they say the majority of offers are sent in March. Regardless, congratulations on getting in! :smile: I'm waiting here in agony to hear back :frown:

im im from London and still haven't got my offer for bsc psychology so I don't think they give us offers before. I guess they just give it to who they want. 😀
Finally got an offer!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12

congrats:congrats:
Original post by trubadur
congrats:congrats:

Cheers buddy :smile:

Congrats so happy for you😊
Congrats so happy for you😊

Thank you!
THE offer for MChem:party:
Original post by trubadur
THE offer for MChem:party:

Well done!!! Conditions?
Random (and probably a silly question) but what should I wear for an open day/interview at a university. School uniform or smart casuals?
Well done!!! Conditions?

Thanks a lot:smile: 9.5/10 overall at the Bacalaureat state exam and 9.5/10 in chemistry.
As for open day/interview, there is no dress code I suppose.Wear whatever makes you feel better,but decent anyway:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending