The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Latin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mimi 101
How did you guys find the paper today? Also is there a thread for it?

I found it okay not too hard, where did that table with sibi and stuff come from?? that has never happened before oh well. but overall it was fine
Original post by hazel levesque
I found it okay not too hard, where did that table with sibi and stuff come from?? that has never happened before oh well. but overall it was fine

I did a401 today too, I got Juno as sibi because it was the dative (give io TO Juno) and io as eam ( give HER )
There were a few questions I thought were tricky and I can tell I've made silly mistakes
What did everyone else think??
Original post by Diascott
I did a401 today too, I got Juno as sibi because it was the dative (give io TO Juno) and io as eam ( give HER )
There were a few questions I thought were tricky and I can tell I've made silly mistakes
What did everyone else think??

I put Juno for sibi and io for eam. It was ok, made a few stupid mistakes. For example the first question of the second comprehension I put 'the father was very sad for his daughter' but apparently that was wrong
Original post by hazel levesque

Yea I found that weird. Also there was sentence in the translation I didn't get. I put 'having been crying loudly, inachus arrived at the river at last'
Or something like that?
Oh yea and before that I wrote 'with argus watching, she was wandering around for many hours' are these correct?
I put Juno for sibi and io for eam. It was ok, made a few stupid mistakes. For example the first question of the second comprehension I put 'the father was very sad for his daughter' but apparently that was wrong

Same I put juno for sibi and io for eam
Man my mind went blank for the Caput derivation LOOOOL
Oh for god's sake I messed up the 'Sibi - Eam' table! . . . . What was it????
Yea I found that weird. Also there was sentence in the translation I didn't get. I put 'having been crying loudly, inachus arrived at the river at last'
Or something like that?
Oh yea and before that I wrote 'with argus watching, she was wandering around for many hours' are these correct?

I got something like 'at last, crying loudly, she arrived at her fathers river, inachus' and I put while argus was watching
I got something like 'at last, crying loudly, she arrived at her fathers river, inachus' and I put while argus was watching

I swear it's violently weeping.
Original post by StressedByDay

Lacrimo can mean cry or weep
vehementer Can mean violently or loudly
So we're both correct

yes violentely/angrily
what did u guys get for the first sentence in the translation something about watching so carefully that she was able to walk not any places alone......
Lacrimo can mean cry or weep
vehementer Can mean violently or loudly
So we're both correct

oh yeah true.
Juiter saw what down the sky?
Original post by thomasconnor
what did u guys get for the first sentence in the translation something about watching so carefully that she was able to walk not any places alone......

Can remember the bit before this but I put she was able to walk alone in almost no place. Idk whether I'm right though :smile:
Original post by Cookiemonster057
Can remember the bit before this but I put she was able to walk alone in almost no place. Idk whether I'm right though :smile:

Something like : argus was guarding her so attentively that in almost no place was she allowed to walk alone
how many mistakes do you think one could have made to still get an A?
Original post by singlepringle
how many mistakes do you think one could have made to still get an A?

Ocr have this system of major and minor mistakes. If you make some minor mistakes in the translation for example, no marks are deducted but each major mistake will deduct a whole mark. I'd say for a safe A you can lose about 10 marks. :smile:
Father was in the dative so I think she it was crying loudly for her father
Man my mind went blank for the Caput derivation LOOOOL

I put "decapitate" and defined it as "to remove a head from its body".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending