The Student Room Group
If I were you, I wouldn't expound too much on knowing either html or css, since they aren't programming languages (I know you probably know that, but it is a common mistake). Leaving them out of the personal statement altogether would be my advice.

Knowing php is good, but be prepared to talk in interviews about limitations from a computer science perspective e.g. it isn't strongly typed so you can assign a number to a boolean etc.

It is also important to mention any extra curricular maths-type things you might do. Being good at maths is very important, more important than knowing a certain language. Knowing a programming paradigm (e.g. object oriented, aspect oriented, functional) is also more important than a specific language.
Reply 2
anyone studying CS, willing to show and example by pm or something. i really need to see a good example CS personal statement... and would be really happy if someone could send an example of their's.

thanks
Reply 4

Those PS's aren't that impressive, compared to others I've read.
Reply 5
I'm applying for Computer science as well and need help for MY P.S, if anyone knows where I can find good samples it would be very much appreciated if a link can be posted or if anyone can give general help. What I'm struggling on is the computing part of my P.S. i don't have programming experience so I don't really know what to talk about:confused:

Thank you
Reply 6
same here vvery little computing experience and would really like to have an example or some ideas which i could put down :smile:

thanks
Reply 7
look on the TSR wiki?

Latest

Trending

Trending