The Student Room Group

Will you show your children the films you watched as a child?

I have been thinking about how some of the classic Disney films have been on terrestial TV recently and realised that it might have been some children's first exposure to some of the older Disney films.

Do you think that when/if you have childrenand you still have DVDs of the films you watched as a child?

I would.
i would! :biggrin:
My favourite films are Ingmar Bergman films made in the 1950/60s so yes
Reply 3
No way my kids are growing up without seeing Toy Story, The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.
Yeah!
Reply 5
I'd probably have most of the DVD's of the classic Disney films, because I loved them as a youngster. I'd want my children to make their own mind up about what they'd like to watch though, without me forcing certain films down their throats that I watched when I was their age.

They'd have the option of watching Disney films, but it wouldn't be obligatory.
Original post by lustawny
I'd probably have most of the DVD's of the classic Disney films, because I loved them as a youngster. I'd want my children to make their own mind up about what they'd like to watch though, without me forcing certain films down their throats that I watched when I was their age.

They'd have the option of watching Disney films, but it wouldn't be obligatory.

Mary Poppins is obligatory.
Reply 7
Original post by tnshattock
Mary Poppins is obligatory.

I've never seen it. I'm guessing you like it then?
Reply 8
probably if tv and dvd are still around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell yes. I've already planned on having them watch Star Wars in the machete order 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 before they hear any spoilers
Original post by ha27
probably if tv and dvd are still around

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's a safe bet to assume that they will be. I'm unsure as to how we can advance beyond the realm of television.
Pokemon movie's are going to be seen throughout the years at regular intervals (this may get harder as time goes on).
Yeah, I'd love to show my children the classic Disney films that defined my childhood - unlike some films produced these days, the likes of Cinderella, The Lion King and The Aristocats have stood the test of time. :smile:
I've never seen it. I'm guessing you like it then?

Yeah! One of my favourite films, first saw it when I was 4 and I still love it.
Yes of course! My kids watch old films as well as new ones.
Yeah! One of my favourite films, first saw it when I was 4 and I still love it.

That's cool, I'll try and watch it sometime.
That's cool, I'll try and watch it sometime.

Get back to me when you do :biggrin: I want to know if you liked it or not
Get back to me when you do :biggrin: I want to know if you liked it or not

Will do!
Yes of course I will. The older Disney films hold a special place in my heart and I would hope that my children get the same enjoyment out of them as I did when I was growing up. I would also choose to show them many of the Pixar animations and other cartoons for as long as I can keep up with current children's films. Recent examples like Mr Peabody & Sherman, The Lego Movie, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, Penguins Of Madagascar would be great to keep them occupied. Not forgetting live-action classics like Home Alone, Matilda, Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Miracle On 34th Street, Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber and the Harry Potter films. :smile:
100% yes! Loved the films I watched as a child.

Quick Reply

Latest