The Student Room Group

Pharmacy - UEA or Reading?

Hi everyone, I'm currently stuck between whether to choose Reading or UEA as my firm choice for Pharmacy.

I got an offer of AAB for UEA and ABB for Reading, and I'm really not sure which uni I should choose. I'm stuck because both imo have a high standard of teaching, great facilities, friendly staff, and similar time away from home, so I would be thankful if someone could help me out.

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Having visited both I have to say my favourite by a long shot was UEA. I can't really tell you what you should do as it's a personal thing (obviously!) but I'm just saying what my opinion is. It just felt a lot friendlier and the city did too (Reading feels just a bit too posh for me to feel comfortable- I think it's the giant John Lewis!) and the students seemed more friendly there. Then again I think I just got really annoyed by the admissions tutor at Reading such that that was the final nail in the coffin for me. Both are quite pretty campuses but UEA wins it for me- and you're not paying about £5000 a year in accommodation!
I'm very sad in that I have a spreadsheet and have ranked my top two on about 20 different factors to see what factors I put priority on and which uni had the highest overall score. That would be more advisable as I am very opinionated as you can probably tell, so feel free to completely disregard everything I've said! :tongue:
Can anyone tell me what the interview was like for UEA?
what happens in the group assessment? I'm soo scared for it (curse my shyness)
Reply 3
Original post by Nadia_arif
Can anyone tell me what the interview was like for UEA?
what happens in the group assessment? I'm soo scared for it (curse my shyness)

There's 3 activities for the process at UEA but no 1 on 1 interview.
There's a short maths test, there's also a couple of questions you have to answer on paper, and the group exercise will just be some sort of group activity, the sort of stuff you do in school in year 7 as 'ice breakers' :P
I'm the same but stuck between UEA or Nottingham! I really like the atmosphere of UEA but I feel that it's too close to home (I'm from Cambridge) so won't feel like I'm that independent? Anyone else have that same sort of predicament?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iGol66
There's 3 activities for the process at UEA but no 1 on 1 interview.
There's a short maths test, there's also a couple of questions you have to answer on paper, and the group exercise will just be some sort of group activity, the sort of stuff you do in school in year 7 as 'ice breakers' :P

Ohh doesn't sound so bad now thank you! :smile:
Reply 6
Can anyone tell me what kind of questions will they ask you for the interview at Reading? Is it a one to one interview? Is it difficult?
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I'm the same but stuck between UEA or Nottingham! I really like the atmosphere of UEA but I feel that it's too close to home (I'm from Cambridge) so won't feel like I'm that independent? Anyone else have that same sort of predicament?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how was the Nottingham interview?
what was the group assessment like?
any tips for a shy person? :smile:
Original post by Nadia_arif
how was the Nottingham interview?
what was the group assessment like?
any tips for a shy person? :smile:

It was really hard (the mini interviews and maths test) but the group exercise was fine! Just basically you have to solve a problem and the best advice would be to listen but also make contributions :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
It was really hard (the mini interviews and maths test) but the group exercise was fine! Just basically you have to solve a problem and the best advice would be to listen but also make contributions :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what type of questions were asked? how should I prepare for the ethical bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending