The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Here's a good article detailing why The Mail can't just be criticized for stupid things like spelling mistakes - it's actually abhorrent.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/daily-mail-olympic-plastic-brits.html
Original post by FeelingDepressed
UThe Daily Mail journalists must be apprentices as none of them can spell and their articles are full of grammatical errors. Nothing they write should be believed, all their articles are full of " a source says" or "a local expert said" or "a friend of the family declared"
All rubbish, the Mail just make their stories up.

I do wonder how the Daily Mail can have such detailed information on ISIS that the BBC news never mention and stories that are never heard of again?

Truly, I believe the Daily Mail staff get together every day and decide what **** they will make up that day. Total and utter crap.
Cos the Grauniad is definitely known for its high quality spelling and grammar :rolleyes:
I think you're mistaken, there is no Daily Mail, only the Daily Fail :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mrocd2014
Just seen a user on here called 'dailymaillsaliar'.

Why do people hate this newspaper so much?

In truth because it often presents news that left wing people simply do not wish to be confronted with. They resent it because it refuses to toe the politically correct narrative like almost all of the mainstream media Of course much of what they report is crass, trivial and exaggerated too, but I think it's simply the fact liberals know they're being confronted with issues they'd much prefer were swept under the carpet.
Original post by mrocd2014
What's wrong with The Guardian?

Painfully politically correct, habitually refuses to report on issues which do not fit it's narrative. Took them a long long time to bring themselves to discuss those muslim paedophile gangs at all for instance.

It's just a very bias left wing newspaper. That's their liberty they can do that, but why then do they try to pretend that they're the guardians of objective truth rather than just spouters of propeganda?
Two main reasons:

1. On the whole, the Daily Mail prints garbage.

2. It's easier for people to denounce the source rather than form an argument against the article/discussion.
As I am not middle class and white the Daily Fail/Heil has nothing to offer me. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

The Daily Mail is one of the few sites in which I refuse to click on. When I see "DailyMail" written in the link I won't touch it like a door handle with dog poo on it. I'd rather 69 a grizzly bear than read a Daily Mail article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Cheekily copied and pasted from http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

These are a few reasons why the Daily Fail is both hated and laughed at

Anti-immigration
Anti-welfare and poor people in general
Health sensationalism (particularly with respect to cancer)
Anti–government
Anti-LGBT
Anti-Europe
Anti-human rights because human rights only protect the obviously guilty and/or paedophiles or darkies.
Anti-politics because the Mail's views are not politics, but just common sense.
Anti-internet and other modern technology ('Facebook kills our children')
Anti-taxes (mainly for those who can afford to pay them)
Anti-intellectualism ('what do they know?) including academics, experts (including doctors); indeed anyone with an "-ology."
Anti-lawyers, especially those who defend the enemies of the Daily Mail State.
Anti-liberal (not realising that the opposite of liberalism - (with a small 'l') is not Conservatism but totalitariamism/fascism)
Pro-objectification of women
Declinism about UK life, the economy, etc.
Pro-complaining about anything and everything
Claiming that political changes were because of their campaigns
Original post by wearethewitch45
Cheekily copied and pasted from http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

These are a few reasons why the Daily Fail is both hated and laughed at

Anti-immigration
Anti-welfare and poor people in general
Health sensationalism (particularly with respect to cancer)
Anti–government
Anti-LGBT
Anti-Europe
Anti-human rights because human rights only protect the obviously guilty and/or paedophiles or darkies.
Anti-politics because the Mail's views are not politics, but just common sense.
Anti-internet and other modern technology ('Facebook kills our children')
Anti-taxes (mainly for those who can afford to pay them)
Anti-intellectualism ('what do they know?) including academics, experts (including doctors); indeed anyone with an "-ology."
Anti-lawyers, especially those who defend the enemies of the Daily Mail State.
Anti-liberal (not realising that the opposite of liberalism - (with a small 'l') is not Conservatism but totalitariamism/fascism)
Pro-objectification of women
Declinism about UK life, the economy, etc.
Pro-complaining about anything and everything
Claiming that political changes were because of their campaigns

Has anyone created a parody site called "Daily Fail" yet? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My God TSR, you DO surprise me!
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't even read UK news websites anymore. Never had to. UK journalism is absolutely ****e sometimes I feel.

Anybody who dedicates trusts one source shouldn't be at university (saying that the Daily Fail is the absolute worst though. It's scraping the bottom of the barrel).

I don't want to know anyone who reads the Daily Mail. I can tolerate a lot of papers (and criticise them constructively and compare them to other sources), but the Daily Mail... nah. Never touch that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I make a point to read to the Daily Mail, just to remind myself how superior the Times, Telegraph and Independent are in comparison. Absolute drivel. Given the choice I'd rather read Soviet editions of Pravda or The Pyongyang Times.
Original post by datpiff
As I am not middle class and white the Daily Fail/Heil has nothing to offer me. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

The Daily Mail is one of the few sites in which I refuse to click on. When I see "DailyMail" written in the link I won't touch it like a door handle with dog poo on it. I'd rather 69 a grizzly bear than read a Daily Mail article.

I have this installed so that even if I accidentally click on a Daily Mail link, I just get redirected to pictures of tea and kittens. :^_^:

In answer to the OP: it's a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic rag, and that's not even an exhaustive list of its bigoted attitudes.
Original post by Chlorophile
To be perfectly honest, I think spelling mistakes is the smallest of the Daily Mail's problems.

Hatecrimes aren't committed over spelling errors, that's for damn sure.
Because OP did you know that Granny Smith apples give you cancer?
What's worrying is that some people base their worldview on what they read in the mail.
Becuase hating the Guardian is a criminal offence
Original post by Zürich
Painfully politically correct, habitually refuses to report on issues which do not fit it's narrative. Took them a long long time to bring themselves to discuss those muslim paedophile gangs at all for instance.

It's just a very bias left wing newspaper. That's their liberty they can do that, but why then do they try to pretend that they're the guardians of objective truth rather than just spouters of propeganda?

The Guardian is pretty much the Daily Mail of the left, it's slightly more middle class I would say, but even the track record for appeasing certain people who have views which really should be regarded as far-right...
Original post by datpiff
Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

Somehow I think using your left hand would be cleaner.
Original post by MrJAKEE
People think it's heavily bias towards the Tories (with their endless tales of immigration, EU & royal family issues) and if you check the comments section generally speaking a lot of them are right-wing (Tory or UKIP backers) but also working class.

I can't help but think a lot of it is to do with the fact that the majority on here are left-wing, and refuse to accept any debate on issues like immigration.. Some even refuse to read the paper which I deem political snobbery as the DailyMail often have a right-wing working class narrative (giving a different perspective on things), and their stories are usually true and their stats are usually true. Eg this is how a feminist looks t-shirts scandal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not 'snobbery' to point out that the paper is ridiculous. Every single page is just, like, "MUSLIMS MUSLIMS IMMIGRANTS WOMEN LESBIANS GAY PEOPLE THEY ALL SUCK waahhh ROMANIANS!!!!111111"

Besides, the UK's been talking about immigration so much that I feel sick even looking at Nigel Farage's ****ing face. It's disgusting. Pitting the working classes against each other / against foreigners in order to distract them from the "real evil" of capitalism etc isn't exactly a brand new strategy tbh.

Latest