The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This entire thread proves how Letfist and bias thestudentroom is.
The intention of the Daily Mail seems primarily to incite outrage in its readers, who themselves are reading it mainly to find something to gasp about; be it the number of Muslims in our society, or some celebrity's fashion faux-pas.
Original post by Catholic_
This entire thread proves how Letfist and bias thestudentroom is.

No this proves how much we hate the Daily Fail. I hate the people who scream you're just a leftie, liberal douchebag. No we hate the Daily Mail because it is absolutely ****, has the poorest journalism I've ever read in a paper and it only exists to get incite outrage which its readers seem to seek.

I find it funny when Daily Mail readers don't understand why people of colour generally don't like the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
The Guardian has hate in it but definitely not as much as the Daily Heil. I'm no fan of the Guardian, but Let's be real. They deserve an award for that. Opening up the Daily Mail site is like being involved in the haters ball on Chappelle's Show.

The Guardian is bad, but not as bad as The Daily Mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least The Guardian doesn't use caps lock in its headlines and articles. :tongue:
The thing about the mail is that it won't own to what it is. The online version seems largely clickbait picture spreads of female celebrities on the beach. And why not? But why not say "phwooaar who wouldn't give that Myleene Klass one, eh?" rather than feel the need to justify it with a health and diet angle that is never explored "Myleene shows off her toned post baby body - is it the avocado smoothies?"?
Original post by datpiff
No this proves how much we hate the Daily Fail. I hate the people who scream you're just a leftie, liberal douchebag. No we hate the Daily Mail because it is absolutely ****, has the poorest journalism I've ever read in a paper and it only exists to get incite outrage which its readers seem to seek.

I find it funny when Daily Mail readers don't understand why people of colour generally don't like the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poc seem to be offended by everything nowadays.
I've never understood this either, I think it's a good paper and has a decent city and finance section. I guess a lot of students are idealistic and reckless and believe they and others are entitled to certain things and therefore believe that the Conservative party is not good for them. When they earn money perhaps they will become more conservative
Reply 87
probably because it's garbage
I despise this rag for their coverage on anything to do with terrorism and Islam. They have become the main broadcast arm of ISIS.

99% of ISIS victims at the moment are muslims, but in DMs eyes, only ISIS are referred to as muslims. The real muslim victims are instead referred to as, Syrian soldier, Kurdish fighter, Iraqi spy, Baghdad thief, Turkish rights activist. But these victims are never the real muslims in DMs eyes.

ISIS on the other hand get multi million dollar coverage on anything they do. For a rag that usually quotes facebook posts, twitter comments and other news sources for the majority of their stories, I find their ISIS coverage suspect.

Its almost like the enjoy ISIS antics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh **** off.
I have watched a friend of mine change over the last ten years from a reasonably nice guy to a muslim hating bigot ( a Daily Mail reader ). This disgusting rag does seem to frighten the older generation, preaches hate and don't forget it preached hatred of the jews on its front page early in the last century. When someone says to you I believe what the editorials say and I don't trust the facts just walk away because you will never steer them away from their ignorance. I would like to give my name and address but I'm afraid many hateful people ( possibly Daily Mail readers ) would avenge themselves through my mail box and phone. God, what is humanity really like!
If you require a name lets say
Original post by mrocd2014
Just seen a user on here called 'dailymaillsaliar'.

Why do people hate this newspaper so much?

The comments on this article might answer your question: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3666112/Students-claim-suffering-depression-Brexit.html?offset=0&max=100&jumpTo=comment-131925960
I love the daily mail. This is how I read a daily mail 'article'.
1. Title
2. Look at pictures and their captions
3. Straight to the comments
Favourite daily mail phrase:
"Sends Twitter into meltdown"
"Shows off her ring/pregnancy/endless pins"
"Showcased her baby bump"
"No makeup" when said celebrity is blatantly caked in it
"Left little to the imagination"
"Flaunts her baby bump"
Reply 93
It's typical gutter journalism.

If you look at most articles there are at least 5 typos, poorly written and full of scaremongering rubbish to attract readers. Furthermore, many of their journalists twist the truth or are downright racist and offensive - Katie Hopkins me thinks.

Lets not forget of course pre ww2 they were nazi-symapthisers and some of their journalists still support eugenics. It's a disgrace to associate them with the conservatives, the mail is a far right newspaper.

It wouldn't be right if we didn't include Russell Howard's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfWykH05Gw :smile:
Reply 94
I forgot. What about the infamous 'sidebar of shame'
Reply 95
You made me laugh so much by your crass and utterly stupid comments I fell off my zimmer frame! Do get over yourself and not be so high minded but don't worry, you'll grow up soon.
Original post by *pitseleh*
I have this installed so that even if I accidentally click on a Daily Mail link, I just get redirected to pictures of tea and kittens. :^_^:

In answer to the OP: it's a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and that's not even an exhaustive list of its bigoted attitudes.

The people who don't find the DM repulsive seem to display the darker traits of humanity. intolerance, hate, aggression, racism, sexism and they are homophobic. They are part of a rising tide of evil on this planet. The same tide of evil appeared in the 1920/ 30s and as a result over 50 million people died between 1939 and 1945.That was because people allowed themselves to be swept along and brainwashed by the hate mongers of the time
Sometime in ones life, one has to decide which side one is on, the angels or the demons. Which are you, are you a good person or downright nasty?
From Earth person.
Because it's full of thick, anti-intellectual, populist gobshites who are full of hatred for anything outside of the confines of their small-minded lives. Full of vitriol, they have disdain for pretty much everything for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. In fact, they're so hateful that they often hold contradictory dislikes, i.e. they hate elitist Oxbridge and complain that there are too many low quality unis giving degrees; they hate rich people but they hate benefits scroungers; they hate limousine liberals but when someone puts their money where their mouth is like Jeremy Corbyn, they hate him too.

Dailymail is full of ****ing retards who couldn't think critically if their lives depended on it. Absolute spanners. Always entertaining to see them whine.....

(This harangue was brought to you by me being drunk as ****.)
Original post by Chlorophile
It's right-wing, sensationalist and most importantly, it never lets the facts get in the way of a 'good story'. You will find plenty of examples of the Mail's dismal history of factual accuracy. They write stories that people want to hear rather than actually reporting the world as it is and they cause a massive amount of damage as a result of this. For instance, the Mail's efforts to claim that everything in the known universe causes cancer has doubtless resulted in many people making silly (potentially harmful) lifestyle decisions, and they have caused irreparable damage to the environment through their fabrication of a 'scandal' at the UEA's Climate Laboratory (and that's not the only 'scandal' they've invented).

And the comments section makes you lose the will to live, seriously. There is so much hatred on that website, it's unbelievable. The only thing they don't seem to hate is hatred.

"You will find plenty of examples of the Mail's dismal history of factual accuracy..." Could you list or supply links to them please? Also evidence that the DM says "everything in the known universe causes cancer". I'm not trying to be funny but really would like to know where you got this information from. yes, it it a right-wing paper but there are also plenty of left-wing ones out there so unless you are trying to say that there ought to be no right-wing papers, views, opinions or indeed voters that ought not to be an issue. And if you are then that in itself is a most serious issue in itself. Also someone mentioned spelling mistakes; it was not for nothing that the guardian earned the soubriquet "The Grauniad". I do worry a little that these days tolerance of other opinions is wearing very thin to the point where some are prepared to be quite vicious in their opposition; this is the route to danger.
Reply 99
aaaand your name tells me all i need to know

Latest