The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

about 90% of all photographs in the media go through that treatment, most celebs are horses in reality anyways but its a shame that this pefect image of 'beauty' dominates many
Reply 2
tbh, i think she looked better before

i dont like what they did with her eyes and that. i prefered the natural look

shame we dont get models like that normally
Reply 3
I was most amazed by what they did to her skin. No more blemishes or freckles.
Azzle
tbh, i think she looked better before

so do i
Reply 5
Does anyone else think her eyes look odd all the way through that?
Reply 6
I think she was ugly before and after. Didn't see a lot of difference.
Reply 7
Nice video, thanks :smile:

Saw a thread a while ago where someone posted a before and after image of wearing make-up.
You could notice the difference.
Reply 8
I always liked the adverts Dove did for this campaign with the 'See your true colours' song :smile:
Reply 9
I like her hair a lot more afterwards, before it looked kinda lanky.

I was fully aware of the editing that goes into these images though, so she looks rather fake afterwards.
Define distorted, and I'll get back to you. Maybe our idea isn't distorted, maybe that girl just wasn't "beautiful". Maybe no one is. But that doesn't mean that what we see as beautiful isn't beautiful.
Reply 11
"No wonder our perception of beauty is so distorted"

So, an ugly person is beautiful? wtf?
Reply 12
did you really not know they did all that when taking pics of "models"? They always look to fake to be true (and tbh i dont like make-up anyway, too often makes people less attractive)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, remember that and your "perception" will not be distorted
Reply 13
What did they do to her neck? She looks like a giraffe now.
Reply 14
It's weird to think that's how much treatment someone has to go through before they conform to what is an 'ideal'

Growing up is hard to do, but films like that are a god send!!

At the end of the day it is our quirks that make us who we are and it is our quirks who provide us with our charm!

Kimmy xxx
Enjoytheride
about 90% of all photographs in the media go through that treatment, most celebs are horses in reality anyways but its a shame that this pefect image of 'beauty' dominates many

Yeah definatly. I saw a music video of charlotte church on tv and thought she was rather hot, and then i saw her bieng interveiwed on a show on mtv and she looks very average.

For hte interveiw she must have still been done up, most likely by professional make up artists and yet she didnt look so good compared to the music video where she was done up even more, so i am just wondering what she looks like natrualy.
Reply 16
Sithius
"No wonder our perception of beauty is so distorted"

So, an ugly person is beautiful? wtf?

Maybe you don't think she's beautiful but the point it's trying to make is that the people in the media that many people consider to be beautiful are just ordinary people with some professional make-up and some computer editing.
Reply 17
Some in the media are actually good looking, naturally.
Reply 18
My perception of beauty is just fine I think :smile:.
Reply 19
maag101
What did they do to her neck? She looks like a giraffe now.

lol That was another big difference that shocked me. Apparently women with longer necks are attractive...

kimmylowe
It's weird to think that's how much treatment someone has to go through before they conform to what is an 'ideal'

Growing up is hard to do, but films like that are a god send!!

At the end of the day it is our quirks that make us who we are and it is our quirks who provide us with our charm!

Kimmy xxx

;yes;
Hopefully all teenage girls will see such a video. I personally always knew that girls in magazines could have their pictures edited, but I didn't know a person's face could be changed to that extent.

Latest

Trending

Trending