The Student Room Group

What are your fears?

I have a fear of drowning even though I can swim. Cause of this I avoid swimming pools and beaches now. I also have a fear of dying, and dying suddenly in my sleep, it scares me so much that I think about it every night when I get into bed.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Skynet come and kill us all.
Being beta.
I'll never be able to find skinny jeans that fit my chicken legs. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Gott
Chemistry on Tusday

I used to fear that too at GCSE. Ugh, hated Chemistry.

Original post by flibber
I fear that I would fail to beat my older sister in my GCSEs

Is the competition THAT fierce? I don't think my little sister cared much. She accepted that I would beat her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Vixen47
I'll never be able to find skinny jeans that fit my chicken legs. :frown:

I can't find ones to fit my waist size properly. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by flibber
Well, my sister is three years older than me and she's at uni, but I remember how she got shouted at as she 'only' got 4 A*s for GCSEs (only in an Asian family...). I want to do much better than her, so I was strangely unhappy when I was 'only' predicted 8 A*s after my mocks.

Oh dear. I've never really agreed with the pressure Asian families put on their children. It's lousy.
Only 8 A*? Wow! That's more than me. You should be proud of yourself and work towards getting them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Letting people down. It seems that I never learn
Needles, injections, blood tests etc... Cannot stand them!
The love of my life
My biggest fears are failing, a Tory - UKIP coalition and above all, spiders.
Reply 11
Original post by DanTaylor
Needles, injections, blood tests etc... Cannot stand them!

Oh yeah, they're horrible. It takes on average 20 minutes for me to get blood taken because you can't see my veins under my skin! Makes it all worse! Have you had a bad experience?
Original post by bittr n swt
Being beta.

it shows
Reply 13
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
My biggest fears are failing, a Tory - UKIP coalition and above all, spiders.

I will cry if we get a Tory-UKIP coalition.
Yup, also have a fear of failing. Cried when I got a B at AS History.
Monday mornings!
Reply 15
Original post by Charlie Bravo
Monday mornings!

Thursday afternoons are worse!
Original post by CescaD96
Oh yeah, they're horrible. It takes on average 20 minutes for me to get blood taken because you can't see my veins under my skin! Makes it all worse! Have you had a bad experience?

I've got medical problems with both of my legs and been under anaesthetic 4 times. Once I had pins ripped out of the bones in both of my ankles with just gas and air as a pain relief. Ouch! That's where it's all stemmed from I think.

They're lucky they get any blood from me at all. I refuse to lie down, thrash about on the bed, cry, squirm, everything! They have to tie me down lol! :wink:
It's quite ironic, actually, as I have a part time job in the blood sciences lab at a hospital...
Spiders. I just shrivel up if one is in my room.
Heights too- makes me nervous.
Also places with large crowds.
I am an aviation enthusiast but I am of me falling to the ground. I don't think I would take to skydiving good at all.

I have been on the Manta ride in Florida and honestly I nearly had a nervous breakdown, I shouted and screamed the whole time. Me and big drops don't go down well.
Reply 19
Original post by flibber
x

I did the bare minimum of studying and got 5 A*, 6A, a B and a C. With the amount you're planning, don't worry. You'll do great!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest