The Student Room Group

Tips on learning from Aultons

I have a module about medicine design and it's basically all explained in Aultons, but I'm just finding it so text heavy and im struggling to remember it all. Does anyone have any advice on learning a lot of information that's really dry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I have a module about medicine design and it's basically all explained in Aultons, but I'm just finding it so text heavy and im struggling to remember it all. Does anyone have any advice on learning a lot of information that's really dry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, it's a tough text regardless of what people say. However I've found highlighting and condensing the information so I can understand it better helps a lot. Don't see it as "I need to know this chapter fully" there are parts which go into too much detail.

Makes notes from the book and learn from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by PharmingDoc
To be honest, it's a tough text regardless of what people say. However I've found highlighting and condensing the information so I can understand it better helps a lot. Don't see it as "I need to know this chapter fully" there are parts which go into too much detail.

Makes notes from the book and learn from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it's not just that I'm stupid? We've got a whole module on 'medicine design and manufacture' and even though it's not that difficult, the sheer volume of information to remember is what im struggling with :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
So it's not just that I'm stupid? We've got a whole module on 'medicine design and manufacture' and even though it's not that difficult, the sheer volume of information to remember is what im struggling with :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooo you're not stupid at all! Lol information is a lot but really need to be selective, and gather the main points. As long as you can explain what you're saying that will be fine. Just remember some of the key points and words used and I'm sure that would be enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What does the coursework element of the module involve?
Reply 5
Original post by ½+½
What does the coursework element of the module involve?

the coursework element involved being in groups and being told which drug we had to formulate. we then had to formulate our drug and produce a lab report on our process, what we used in the formulation and why, whether it would have passed stability tests etc.

thing is I did the coursework component a year ago as I didn't sit the final exam that year due to health reasons, so the mark is being carried over and im only doing the exam this year.

we got 68% on our report and it's worth 50% of the module grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Aultons is such a struggle to learn from because the text is way too small haha! I'd photocopy pages and hi light them then make notes from it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
the coursework element involved being in groups and being told which drug we had to formulate. we then had to formulate our drug and produce a lab report on our process, what we used in the formulation and why, whether it would have passed stability tests etc.

thing is I did the coursework component a year ago as I didn't sit the final exam that year due to health reasons, so the mark is being carried over and im only doing the exam this year.

we got 68% on our report and it's worth 50% of the module grade

That's the same as we did in third year. What uni are you at?
Is there anything specifically in Aulton's/that module that you're struggling with? I could perhaps offer advice about something specific, but if it's just in general, all I can really recommend is summarise the key points, and maybe include diagrams to help prompt your memory. The coursework exercise for us really helped make some of the lectures make sense, but for others not so much.
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I think Aultons is such a struggle to learn from because the text is way too small haha! I'd photocopy pages and hi light them then make notes from it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hilighting is the way forward with that book, although it doesn't help when you need to know the majority of the page, turns into a highlighted wall of text lol :s-smilie:

Quick Reply