The Student Room Group

What sort of jobs could you get with a Film degree?

Howdy,
Just wondering what kind of jobs can you get with a film or art degree or a computer science degree?
They're fairly different fields but I think they do sprout a very large variety of potential jobs. For example CompSci can get you a job as maybe a developer for a company, a network security maintenance sort of person, whilst a degree in film studies can probably get you a job in the film making industry, doesn't always have to be Hollywood, you could even freelance as a content creator, like a Youtuber but with your own expertise and probably on a large scale.

I think its all to do with what you acquire whilst studying these degrees, you could even end up with an awesome job in a slightly different field that still maintains the core elements of your actual degree so Film making or CompSci.
Original post by inc0gnito
They're fairly different fields but I think they do sprout a very large variety of potential jobs. For example CompSci can get you a job as maybe a developer for a company, a network security maintenance sort of person, whilst a degree in film studies can probably get you a job in the film making industry, doesn't always have to be Hollywood, you could even freelance as a content creator, like a Youtuber but with your own expertise and probably on a large scale.

I think its all to do with what you acquire whilst studying these degrees, you could even end up with an awesome job in a slightly different field that still maintains the core elements of your actual degree so Film making or CompSci.

Thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest