The Student Room Group

Does it matter where I have studied Finance?

I was looking at some possible companies I might like to apply to in terms of getting a job in finance, and I noticed lots of the other students on forums attended universities that rank a lot higher than mine, (University of Ulster). So basically my question is does it really matter where I have studied? I meet the vast majority of entry requirements.
Original post by jude2112
I was looking at some possible companies I might like to apply to in terms of getting a job in finance, and I noticed lots of the other students on forums attended universities that rank a lot higher than mine, (University of Ulster). So basically my question is does it really matter where I have studied? I meet the vast majority of entry requirements.

Well investment banks have very strong university preferences. However, pretty much every other finance firm out there is not overly bothered as long as you meet the UCAS requirements. In saying that, if you have a stronger university, it will increase your chances as well as other aspects of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally no. Front office investment banking jobs only account for a very small proportion of finance jobs out there. I have a friend who works in the Middle Office of a Bulge Bracket having graduated from Greenwich University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending