The Student Room Group

HELP!!!

Hello everyone, I am wanting some help and advice on the appropriate courses to apply for on UCAS as well as information and advice regarding entry requirements. The university websites have a lot of info which I've looked into and I have contacted uni's regarding advice but wondered if more people on here would be able to help.

I am wanting to study Pharmacy in September 2015. I am willing to study a foundation year, or an access to HE course if necessary. I am 21 years old and therefore, as far as I am aware, I would be considered a mature student.

The qualifications I have are as follows:
GCSE's - all A-C grades, B in English, Maths, Biology, C in Chemistry and Physics.
BTEC Level 2 First Certificate - Distinction in Business Studies, Merit in Sport.

I then went onto sixth form and studied AS Level Business Studies, English Literature, General Studies and Maths. Due to various circumstances, I left with E's in English Literature and General Studies and U's in Business Studies and Maths.

I then left and went to retake my A-Levels at college and studied AS Level Environmental Studies and Applied Science Double Award. I left AS year with an E and a U respectively.

I then undertook an apprenticeship working in both community and hospital pharmacy. I gained an NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) as well as a BTEC Level 2 in Pharmaceutical Science.

I now work full time as a Higher Level Pharmacy Assistant in an NHS Hospital Trust.

Does anyone have any experience of applying for pharmacy having been in a similar situation or can anyone clarify what I'll need to do or if I can get onto a foundation year without undertaking any more study?

The only university I am aware of that would accept me onto their foundation year is UEA, as they have contextual criteria that I currently meet (out of education for 3+ years I think).

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending