The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Pretty much people just buy it when it runs out in my house. There's no 'rota', but at the end of the day we seem to operate on a pretty much share everything basis. Washing up liquid is like £1, and while I'm as broke as the next student even I've accepted that splashing out on washing up liquid once a month I can probably manage. For bigger stuff like a microwave though we all paid equal money toward it.

In regards to the toilet, we all have our own bathroom so that's a non-issue.
We all have our own, it's so much easier that way and I can ration my own things so that they don't run out quickly...when you share I find that people waste toilet roll and washing up liquid by using too much.
we baically put 3quid in the pot each, every week and tick off when weve put it in. then when the electric or gas meter runs out we take some money from there, same goes for bog roll, washing up liquid etc
The university pays for the toilet roll, but as far as washing-up liquid is concerned it just seems to appear when someone goes shopping and we need some. We've got like five bottles of the stuff hanging around the sink in the kitchen anyway so we're pretty much set for the next few months lol.
Reply 5
We put money together and buy communal stuff with it!! Works really well (at the moment)!
we just bought the toliet rolls etc each, and then every 3 months went through all the reciepts, and paid each other back. However, this is can be quite complicated and it's only reccommed if there are some people in your house that you trust and are good at maths
Reply 7
^ yeh complex!

cheers guys for the replies
Reply 8
course it always a fun jape to steal those massiv bogrolls from the unions and other buildings.They last forever
Reply 9
stevo23e
course it always a fun jape to steal those massiv bogrolls from the unions and other buildings.They last forever

yep might do that at some point hehe
Reply 10
they're rough as but hey they do the job, plus while drunk and with no bag its always a fun challenge to take em out wihtout getting caught.....well they are huge.....i didnt have a laptop for the first month of uni i had to find SOME entertainment
Reply 11
the joys of having an en suite :biggrin:
It may sound terrible, but if you go into public toilets, theres always loads of bog roll lying around. When I run out i'm just going to be cheap and steal those!
Reply 13
sheryl06
the joys of having an en suite :biggrin:

You're missing out on half the student experience you know...
Reply 14
We wait until it gets unbearable, then someone usually snaps. :biggrin:
Reply 15
my accomodation gets free toilet paper :O

Latest

Trending

Trending