The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

CCCU Primary PGCE 2015-16

Has anyone accepted their offer for a Primary PGCE at Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) for 2015-16?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have! Still got my numeracy test to do next week though so fingers crossed!!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PDawn
I have! Still got my numeracy test to do next week though so fingers crossed!!

Bit of revision and you'll be fine - good luck :smile:
Got an offer to study upper primary today! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Miss Beret
Got an offer to study upper primary today! :biggrin:

Yay, see you there :smile:
Anyone looking at renting in Canterbury, i'm doing a secondary PGCE there, so looking at other pgce students for housemates?
Reply 6
Original post by areville81
Anyone looking at renting in Canterbury, i'm doing a secondary PGCE there, so looking at other pgce students for housemates?

Already got my house sorted I'm afraid! What subject are you doing? :smile:
Doing Geography, are you staying with other teachers? How did you find them?
Reply 8
Doing Geography, are you staying with other teachers? How did you find them?

Ah cool. I already live in Canterbury so I had another friend who was looking for someone to live with and we met a third person through spareroom, which I'd definitely recommend using :smile:
Ah okay cool. Yeah, I'm at Canterbury too but my friends aren't staying which sucks! I'll have a look, thank you
Reply 10
Ah okay cool. Yeah, I'm at Canterbury too but my friends aren't staying which sucks! I'll have a look, thank you

Oh no that's annoying. Yeah I was quite lucky that I knew someone the year below me who still needed a room for another year.
Have you done geography at CCCU or Kent then?
CCCU. Are you doing primary then? Where do you study at the minute?
Reply 12
CCCU. Are you doing primary then? Where do you study at the minute?

Yep, Primary and I'm doing Music at the moment :smile:
Hi,

I have an interview for Primary PGCE Upper on Wednesday! Could anybody give me any tips? I am so nervous!!!

Thank you :smile:
I done secondary but just get involved with the group as much as possible but don't doninate too much. Erm, for me they liked to know about the curriculum.
Original post by Hawkins_010891
Hi,

I have an interview for Primary PGCE Upper on Wednesday! Could anybody give me any tips? I am so nervous!!!

It's a really relaxed interview process, firstly you just have a talk about the course. You then have a basic maths test, nothing too hard. Then you have the English test where you're provided with a text/article, you just respond to it giving your own opinions. Then you're split into groups to do a presentation on the text/article, just engage with the text and the person you're working with and ask questions. The 1:1 interview (well for me) was really laid back and easy, as it gave me a chance to really show why i wanted to teach. Just stay calm and relaxed and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 16
Hi,

Miss Beret has summarised it perfectly :smile: Compared with my other interviews I found the interviewers at CCCU just let me sell myself, as it were! And they're all so lovely and make you feel confident.
That's brilliant thanks for the advice! I feel more relaxed now! What elements of the curriculum/current issues do I need to know? I have been looking at TES and The Guardian! Will the interviewer ask direct questions about current educational issues and the curriculum? This is all I am worried about, as the rest seems to be about me, why I want to teach etc.
I have been revising maths so hopefully I'm not too bad- rubbish at long division though!

Reply 18
That's brilliant thanks for the advice! I feel more relaxed now! What elements of the curriculum/current issues do I need to know? I have been looking at TES and The Guardian! Will the interviewer ask direct questions about current educational issues and the curriculum? This is all I am worried about, as the rest seems to be about me, why I want to teach etc.
I have been revising maths so hopefully I'm not too bad- rubbish at long division though!

I only really spoke about current issues in the written exam and in the presentation in relation to what the article had been about :smile:
Good luck!
Hi, has anyone had an interview for the lower primary PGCE course? I have mine tomorrow and I have read two different interview guides! One says that we have to do a 5 minute individual presentation and one which says that there is just a group presentation. I'm freaking out (more than usual)!

Also, could anyone give me an idea of the questions they are asking this year? I would really appreciate it :smile:

Thanks in advance :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending