The Student Room Group

calisthenics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Oh I have a six pack but thanks for the advice, I'm just don't think doing the plank alone would give you those kind of abs :redface:

Trust me the plank is probably the best thing you can do for abs imo.

I've been putting on quiteca bit of weight recently, last time I put in this amount I got a belly. Now that I have included a short core workout, mainly revolving around plank variations, I have a bit if a six pack and thats only after doing it for a month, <10mins x3 times a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Trust me the plank is probably the best thing you can do for abs imo.

I've been putting on quiteca bit of weight recently, last time I put in this amount I got a belly. Now that I have included a short core workout, mainly revolving around plank variations, I have a bit if a six pack and thats only after doing it for a month, <10mins x3 times a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting.... I do some plank variations, the one where you do a spiderman plank thing? Like spiderman press ups but while doing plank.

Yeah I think it's quite a good exercise especially as you don't have to put in a lot of effort, I guess I was wrong when I made this quote..
Interesting.... I do some plank variations, the one where you do a spiderman plank thing? Like spiderman press ups but while doing plank.

Yeah I think it's quite a good exercise especially as you don't have to put in a lot of effort, I guess I was wrong when I made this quote..

Yeah, I haven't tried those ones but want to soon. Recently I've just been taking a foot off the floor. Then when that becomes easy I'll take a foot and an arm off the floor.

I think that is one of the best things about the plank, a small change can make it so much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive tried getting into this, I lack motivation though :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreshGarbage
Ive tried getting into this, I lack motivation though :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say try to give a good week or two training. Once you start to feel/see the results that is all the motivation you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say try to give a good week or two training. Once you start to feel/see the results that is all the motivation you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yea, I wouldn't know where to start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I haven't tried those ones but want to soon. Recently I've just been taking a foot off the floor. Then when that becomes easy I'll take a foot and an arm off the floor.

I think that is one of the best things about the plank, a small change can make it so much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see what you mean that's not what I meant actually, have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcgm30Ypnk

Yeah that's what I like about calisthenics in general is that you can make any exercise harder :smile:

Haha yea, I wouldn't know where to start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Start off simple, for abs for example you could do resting plank and try and hold it for 1 minute.

For legs you could do squats, for arms press ups etc :smile:
You should start with Coach Christopher Sommer and Ido Portal.
Cheers :smile: I think I'm fairly strong...ish . I can probably do around 100 sit ups,10-15 pull ups, 20 pressups and around a 2 minute plank. I feel as a girl this isn't too horrendous? :P
Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers :smile: I think I'm fairly strong...ish . I can probably do around 100 sit ups,10-15 pull ups, 20 pressups and around a 2 minute plank. I feel as a girl this isn't too horrendous? :P
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's impressive :smile:

10-15 pull ups is very good, most guys couldn't do that.

I would suggest avoiding sit ups as they are a pretty terrible core exercise, stick with the plank :smile:
That's impressive :smile:

10-15 pull ups is very good, most guys couldn't do that.

I would suggest avoiding sit ups as they are a pretty terrible core exercise, stick with the plank :smile:

Haha yea, I rock climb and I don't weigh too much so it kinda helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest