The Student Room Group

music a level?

Is music a level a lot harder than the as ? basically , I am doing music AS and I find it ok , my teacher said I am currently at a C+ I was planning to drop it next year because I thought it would be to hard, but I am started to really dislike my psychology so would want to drop that instead , is the A level music much harder?
Reply 1
Original post by neptune66
Is music a level a lot harder than the as ? basically , I am doing music AS and I find it ok , my teacher said I am currently at a C+ I was planning to drop it next year because I thought it would be to hard, but I am started to really dislike my psychology so would want to drop that instead , is the A level music much harder?

It will very much depend on your specific exam board... For myself (doing Music with CCEA, which you very probably won't be doing), A level requires you to have slightly more musical knowledge, and be generally more specific in your exam answers, but the leap wasn't too bad. And music is one of those progressive subjects, where you continually improve the more you do, so I would expect you to be a grade or two higher come the end of the year. And you should also consider which of the two unis will prefer in relation to what course you end up applying for, that's important to think about. As well as doing the one you actually enjoy more!

Quick Reply

Latest