The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zurich you used that barbecue yet pal?
Original post by Zürich
you mean youve sent me PMs and had a go? That's why you thought I was an iron?

I was pushing the envelope.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
Zurich you used that barbecue yet pal?

lol !

I'm staring at it right now through the window, seriously! Unfortunately haven't got any girls over for that BBQ. :laugh:
This videos gives me jokes

:laugh:
Nearly sure I just experienced a ghost. I'm here in bed,was listening to a song and heard a shrill scream(but a scream of anguish not terror), like a banshee. The room went deathly cold, like a freezer, for about 5 seconds and I just sensed that I wasnt alone in that room. Nuts

(edited 9 years ago)
2-0 not so bad to be honest. Could have been worse.

Thinking in the busiest pub in Glasgow tonight is going to suck though ha.
Silence of the Lambs is really a GOAT film in it's genre. The glass scenes are impeccable, you feel unsafe and psychologically taken apart by Lecter. Really, you know the glass is nothing because he can kill with his words.
Agree. I generally hate thrillers but love Silence of the Lambs.
Every time. Every single time. I get to the final of the EA Cup on Fifa 15 Seasons & lose the final. And the matchmaking is always against me. Tell me how Aston Villa vs Liverpool is fair? In the semi I had Southampton & was matched with Liverpool. Bull**** :angry:
Any good phones you recommend i get anything more than £200 is pushing it? I currently have a samsung galaxy Young(which is failing me slowly but surely) so i need an upgrade since im in 6th form and i keep getting teased by my friends...ive been reccomended the moto g just wanted to here the misc's thoughts on it

i mainly want a phone so that i will be able to download snapchat,facebook,whatsapp,surf the web and go on youtube and play music without get the stupid insufficient storage message
You mean you've got 60 quid more to spend than what you sent me the other day.
Reply 771
He be getting racks.
GOAT phone. Battery would last like two weeks.

Reply 773
Original post by Tom_Ford
Yeah, it means I will have to consider my route a bit differently. It is a shock to the system, because with life up to now I was never worried with race relations. But, in a corporate setting, I think it is (especially) ingrained within the native elders in institutions that they like to favour people from exactly the same background as them (race, colour, schools etc). It just makes me think back to when I was a boy, and I used to go to football training all of the time, did as well as the other boys. But the coach said that I would only be allowed to train with them and not play any games. I was the only kid with a hint of being different. I stopped going to training while my friends continued. I am a mixed race kid that did well in a north east state comprehensive, I am as far away as you can get from the type of guy that would be working as a professional in a big corporation. I'm just me, just a normal lad.

Yeah, I see you here. Think the main thing is to break the chains of these social barriers.

Second bolded part: Yes, those are my exact worries. A big part of me wants to settle down eventually with a wife and kids without having my soul crushed by my career.

I think my Dorian Grayism (hello Qua :smile:) approach to life to date is a mechanism born out of the fact I see no future like that really, and also my past/upbringing. It gives me stimulation but not real happiness, not a real catharsis. I think I am sort of (it has been a tough year of getting my head around it) mentally ready to accept that life may be very financially difficult and ultimately lonely [like it will be for many of us] and that unlike my parents we will not have the support structure of our friends because we are so detached from each other as a generation these days. Everything is so aesthetic, much to our detriment.

Yeah I understand that. Although tbf my mother worked two jobs to basically keep the lights on. In fact she worked 3 jobs at one point. Eventually she got an office job, then decided to further her career with University. Now she's working a very good job. Maybe it will come in time for us wrt the big bucks.

Little about me that many of you will not know because I have never said. But I was born and brought up in a Catholic household that holds many of the old beliefs. Although I live a very non-moralistic lifestyle, I was conditioned in such a way that no matter how much I change, I will always feel to some extent the guilt of things like sex out of marriage for example. Simply because that sort of thing was repeated ad infinitum when I was growing up. My partner to be will never be accepted until she fulfils a long list of their criteria and be exactly like them, live exactly like them. For that, I feel another layer of my life where I feel unavoidably chained down. I don't think I will ever be in a happy family existence. My years growing up tbh were overall bloody miserable except from those little moments such as football that were an escape. I don't say that without having given it much thought, they were truly terrible. I guess you can say I was the typical repressed Catholic/conservative child that grew up and lived in a secret life of pleasure (it happens more than you think). I was a very repressed kid, no going out to play with friends in the street etc.

Despite everything, I still feel close to God in my own way without people telling me how I should believe in him. .

The last paragraph applies to me too. I was in an african Christian household and I lived in a secret life of pleasure. Pretty repressed too. I kinda need money so I can find a house to rent. I think the system is bull**** though in how hard people need to work for a life that everybody deserves to have.

Need to find a way out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
Any good phones you recommend i get anything more than £200 is pushing it? I currently have a samsung galaxy Young(which is failing me slowly but surely) so i need an upgrade since im in 6th form and i keep getting teased by my friends...ive been reccomended the moto g just wanted to here the misc's thoughts on it

i mainly want a phone so that i will be able to download snapchat,facebook,whatsapp,surf the web and go on youtube and play music without get the stupid insufficient storage message

Moto G is probably the best value for money. If you prefer Samsung then you could get an S3.
Just remember, they have sh*t batteries.
go get an iphone contract FFS
Reply 776
Original post by sr90
You can't apply for credit until you're 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even then you need to wait a will to build up a credit score
Original post by sr90
You could probably get an S3 or IPhone 4 for that price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

links? and thanks-which of the the two do u reccomend?
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AR_95

Original post by sr90
As long as you're on the electoral roll you should be alright tbh. I got one within days of turning 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

signed a contract for Nokia E72 at 17. u mad bros?
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AR_95

You can get one in your parents/guardians name. I got a windows phone when I was 17 just after I started working on £41 a month (Yes, pricey I know)

Latest