The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol @ Bilic ... 'We parked the bus but we didn't put the handbrake on'
Sir Mo, lol. Don't really need more knights with drug issues.

Another funny story was Sherwood pulling his hamstring whilst getting annoyed yesterday.

Anybody been watching Very British Problems in Channel 4. Finally found somebody that gets me.
No sportsman should be knighted whilst they're still playing imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are way too eager these days to say something is the greatest ever. Only real exceptions I can think of in the last few years are Messi, Ronaldo, Ferguson (Looking back on his achievements after retiring), Chris Hoy, Michael Phelps and imo in motorsport Valentino Rossi.

Hate the ******* the media sprout when they say things like Liverpool's 13-14 was the best attacking team of all team etc etc
Original post by The Shed End
People are way too eager these days to say something is the greatest ever. Only real exceptions I can think of in the last few years are Messi, Ronaldo, Ferguson (Looking back on his achievements after retiring), Chris Hoy, Michael Phelps and imo in motorsport Valentino Rossi.

Hate the ******* the media sprout when they say things like Liverpool's 13-14 was the best attacking team of all team etc etc

Federer as well
@Potally_Tissed Predictions for Saints vs Norwich & Swansea vs Man Utd?

Can Romero keep a clean sheet against an in-form Bafetimbi Gomis?
Original post by The Shed End

Do you remember the Ferguson vs Mourinho thread on here from your Musester days? Had a read of the first page yesterday, that made for pleasant reading considering Mourinho this season.

Agree with you though people are knee jerk, happens with lots of things. Music is another one.

Add Ronnie O'Sullivan to your list as well, he's definitely the greatest in his field.
Phil Taylor
Roger Federer
Rafa Nadal.

GOATS.
Yeah but Mourinho definitely can already be compared to Ferguson. And dunno who's ever said that Liverpool team was the greatest of all time (more likely is that nobody has ever said it), but there's no doubt it was one of the best attacking sides to have played in the PL.
I still can't believe Liverpool didn't win the league that season.

I love Villa and that but with football even with our worst moments I'm pretty much over it the same day, like with the cup final. Certainly by the next day I am. But if we'd have lost the title like that, I think I would have cried.
Reply 9250
Handing my resignation in at the hospital I'm working at tomorrow, quite sad because I really liked the team I worked with
Original post by SA-1
Handing my resignation in at the hospital I'm working at tomorrow, quite sad because I really liked the team I worked with

particularly Nurse A and Nurse B
Reply 9252
Was approached by the owner of an organisation I worked at a while ago while getting work experience for medicine, who asked me to manage the brain injury programme. He called me in for a meeting and offered me £25k, said that he'll pay for a masters of my choice at a university of my choice that he'll let me do part time while I'm working, and offered to pay for a professional coaching course. He said that the position to become a project leader could potentially become available in a year which he would prefer that I took over from, with a much higher pay (which is why he's giving me a junior position now).

The offer was, obviously, way too good to turn down but it was hard because I've been working in physiotherapy at the hospital for almost four months now? & they've said that they would fund a masters programme in physiotherapy and help me progress up in the hospital. Working in the hospital was/is actually amazing, can be a bit overwhelming but its fun and challenging.

So I've spoken to my manager at the hospital and she's trying to do all she can to keep me on, and we've basically come to a conclusion that I'll stay on the bank.. which means that I can, if I want to, come in and do the odd shifts and it'll be easier for me to become full time again if I wanted to. It'll change from contractual to hourly obviously, something like £14-18 p/h? Works fine because that way I can keep my clinical skills intact, and if I am to go on to study medicine in the future I'll have good clinical experience under my belt. Also, I'll still have a foot in the door at Guy's & St Thomas'..

New role will be more office based hours so I'll have the weekends, bank holidays and two weeks for christmas off which means I can work at the hospital regularly if I wanted to
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you remember the Ferguson vs Mourinho thread on here from your Musester days? Had a read of the first page yesterday, that made for pleasant reading considering Mourinho this season.

Agree with you though people are knee jerk, happens with lots of things. Music is another one.

Add Ronnie O'Sullivan to your list as well, he's definitely the greatest in his field.

Original post by Zander01
Federer as well

Nah, post a link to that thread Wilf

Yeah Ronnie O'Sullivan I'd agree with, not sure how many from the past you can quantify as true greats, Federer is certainly a GOAT, not so sure about Nadal
You ****as went carnival today?

First time I been in a decade and it was defo worth it.
Original post by SA-1
Was approached by the owner of an organisation I worked at a while ago while getting work experience for medicine, who asked me to manage the brain injury programme. He called me in for a meeting and offered me £25k, said that he'll pay for a masters of my choice at a university of my choice that he'll let me do part time while I'm working, and offered to pay for a professional coaching course. He said that the position to become a project leader could potentially become available in a year which he would prefer that I took over from, with a much higher pay (which is why he's giving me a junior position now).

The offer was, obviously, way too good to turn down but it was hard because I've been working in physiotherapy at the hospital for almost four months now? & they've said that they would fund a masters programme in physiotherapy and help me progress up in the hospital. Working in the hospital was/is actually amazing, can be a bit overwhelming but its fun and challenging.

So I've spoken to my manager at the hospital and she's trying to do all she can to keep me on, and we've basically come to a conclusion that I'll stay on the bank.. which means that I can, if I want to, come in and do the odd shifts and it'll be easier for me to become full time again if I wanted to. It'll change from contractual to hourly obviously, something like £14-18 p/h? Works fine because that way I can keep my clinical skills intact, and if I am to go on to study medicine in the future I'll have good clinical experience under my belt. Also, I'll still have a foot in the door at Guy's & St Thomas'..

New role will be more office based hours so I'll have the weekends, bank holidays and two weeks for christmas off which means I can work at the hospital regularly if I wanted to

****ing hell mate that's sound is that. I was getting gassed over my £14.6k rising to £18.2k job :lol: you'll be swimming in money :cool:
Puts into perspective how you can work hard and get paid good salaries.

But Martin Odegaard is already on unreal wages. At 16 ffs- £80k. Jheeeeeez.

Yute is drowning in money.

Think Taylor's peaked in terms of her looks; her face has gone bigger somehow. Confirms that girls peak between 18-25.
Original post by TornadoGR4
****ing hell mate that's sound is that. I was getting gassed over my £14.6k rising to £18.2k job :lol: you'll be swimming in money :cool:

I'd take £14.6k :tongue:

Although in fairness I'm only working part time in retail and I'm doing my masters next September. Give me a few years and I'll let you know what I'm on :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9259
So the student rates on my oyster are no longer applicable since I'm not a student..

So I just paid £177 for a 1-4 monthly where I usually paid £122

Mother ****ers really give me more & more of a reason to dislike them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest