The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I would get my hands on the Edexcel A2 chemistry book by Ann Fullick. It's really good!
How're mocks going? :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'm slightly nervous for edexcel exams, the June 2014 exams were apparently really really bad :/ (for Chem last year)
Original post by bladex
I'm slightly nervous for edexcel exams, the June 2014 exams were apparently really really bad :/ (for Chem last year)

I am too. Ahh haven't looked at many past papers at all i'm so screwed :'(
What're you guys covering in class atm?
Reply 4
Original post by cerlohee
I am too. Ahh haven't looked at many past papers at all i'm so screwed :'(
What're you guys covering in class atm?

Entropy and I know im sure we can all help each other out on here what are you struggling with??
Original post by bladex
Entropy and I know im sure we can all help each other out on here what are you struggling with??

We did entropy first thing doing organics atm. I think I just struggle with remembering all the organic reactions lol but I think I'm getting better... How do you remember them? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
We did entropy first thing doing organics atm. I think I just struggle with remembering all the organic reactions lol but I think I'm getting better... How do you remember them?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just write them out and just keep rewriting them out, a weird way lol but that's how I remember :smile:. I keep looking through AS notes because edexcel love synoptic questions :/. And have you started unit 5?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Anyone else doing these exams??
Just bought the really massive Ramsden textbooks they're so so good!! Would recommend to anyone doing edexcel :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! So perhaps this is because it's 2am but I'm having trouble with a seemingly easy question from the June 2010 paper...
Right so its question 7a, asking about a test to distinguish propanone from propan-1-ol.
I chose warming with fehlings/benedict solution because the propanone can't be oxidised, and the alcohol can. The mark scheme says by using brady's reagent, which I have no problem with.
But just why is fehlings/benedict wrong??
EDIT: OKAY so it's because of the strength of the ox agents haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Hey! So perhaps this is because it's 2am but I'm having trouble with a seemingly easy question from the June 2010 paper...
Right so its question 7a, asking about a test to distinguish propanone from propan-1-ol.
I chose warming with fehlings/benedict solution because the propanone can't be oxidised, and the alcohol can. The mark scheme says by using brady's reagent, which I have no problem with.
But just why is fehlings/benedict wrong??
EDIT: OKAY so it's because of the strength of the ox agents haha

hmmmmm seems a bit weird, it might be because its an older paper?
Reply 11
I've got the June 2014 exams does anyone know when I can put these on? I put them on originally but I was breaking rules by doing so, so they got took off!
Original post by bladex
I've got the June 2014 exams does anyone know when I can put these on? I put them on originally but I was breaking rules by doing so, so they got took off!

please put it on :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ella_chloe
please put it on :smile:

I'll reupload them later along with the Jan 2015 international paper, some of this stuff might not be related but we need all the practice possible!!
Original post by bladex
I'll reupload them later along with the Jan 2015 international paper, some of this stuff might not be related but we need all the practice possible!!

How have you got your hands on them??
Reply 15
Yeah!!
Reply 18
too anyone else who wants the papers theyve been uploaded now :smile: the january 2015 exams were both really nice but both june ones are just terrible :/ :/
How does everyone think the difficulty of chemistry compares to their other subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending