The Student Room Group

Dropped out of university in Germany - declaring qualifications

So I have a problem: I am a German student and I started university in Germany last fall, but realised pretty quickly that it wasn't the right thing for me. I didn't take part in any exams, didn't receive any grades and I am not enrolling for the next semester. I am currenty applying for universities in England for 2015.
Now my question: Do I need to declare it in the Education Section at UCAS? Like I said, I did not receive any qualifications from the university, but I was enrolled for one semester. Thanks in advance!
Original post by aslanwaslan
So I have a problem: I am a German student and I started university in Germany last fall, but realised pretty quickly that it wasn't the right thing for me. I didn't take part in any exams, didn't receive any grades and I am not enrolling for the next semester. I am currenty applying for universities in England for 2015.
Now my question: Do I need to declare it in the Education Section at UCAS? Like I said, I did not receive any qualifications from the university, but I was enrolled for one semester. Thanks in advance!

You should declare it to avoid any confusion. However, universities won't mind that you've dropped out once before- it's very common for students to drop out and reapply in the UK. You could briefly explain why you prefer the new course or the UK system in your PS, or, if there were outside factors that caused you to drop out, your referee should explain these.
Reply 2
Okay, thank you very much! I was really starting to panic that this would affect my chances.
Reply 3
Can I ask what were you studying? I am considering applying in Germany this year.
Also, hurry up the deadline is close and good luck!
Reply 4
English actually! With a minor in Media and Communication Studies. Realised pretty quickly that I was more interested in living in England and speaking the language rather than studying the language. What subject are you interested in? If you want to apply for fall this year you luckily still have loads of time (that is also one of the reasons why I am scrambling to get done so close to the deadline, I did not anticipate it to be this early). And thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 5
Original post by aslanwaslan
English actually! With a minor in Media and Communication Studies. Realised pretty quickly that I was more interested in living in England and speaking the language rather than studying the language. What subject are you interested in? If you want to apply for fall this year you luckily still have loads of time (that is also one of the reasons why I am scrambling to get done so close to the deadline, I did not anticipate it to be this early). And thanks, good luck to you too!

Medicine, I want to go to Berlin -Charite University-, stayed there for 2 weeks, best days of my life, amazing city - it felt homier than home and the people were great too! I know the deadline is in june-july right now I'm only worrying about my sprachdiplom :smile:
In the UK though my qualifications aren't medicine-worthy so I applied for psychology(already got offers) and gonna apply then with graduate entry-7 or 8 years of studying for me, yay!
Were are you applying in the UK?
Reply 6
Original post by SiminaM
Medicine, I want to go to Berlin -Charite University-, stayed there for 2 weeks, best days of my life, amazing city - it felt homier than home and the people were great too! I know the deadline is in june-july right now I'm only worrying about my sprachdiplom :smile:
In the UK though my qualifications aren't medicine-worthy so I applied for psychology(already got offers) and gonna apply then with graduate entry-7 or 8 years of studying for me, yay!
Were are you applying in the UK?

Ooh I know Berlin really is amazing. I used to want to go there too but the Sociology courses in the UK just sounded waaaaaay better than in Germany and studying in England would be like a dream come true. I'm applying at Goldsmiths (my first choice), Essex, Winchester, Westminster and West of England. I'm really hoping for Goldsmiths since it sounds perfect for me, but I don't know if my grades are good enough since you can't really convert them to the UK A-Level sytem.
And it's very ambitious studying Medicine in German! Your German must be really good then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending