The Student Room Group

anybody seen weird **** in the sky..

went for a walk lastnight. while I was looking up at the moon, I coulda swore I seen a light, as bright as a star, zoom towards these clouds and then suddenly disappear. it moved too fast to be a plane and seriously freaked me out. then as I walking home, saw the same light (or what looked to be) do the same thing. just looked like a 'zooming' or 'shooting' star. Anybody else seen **** in the sky? *no I have no history of mental illness btw.

Scroll to see replies

I knew aliens existed, ha :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Sounds like shooting stars. If I understand correctly, there were nine last night. 51 last night.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was watching the stars last night, and there were a lot of them, more than usual (because you usually will see them if you watch the sky often enough). They aren't shooting stars because they would be super fast, as in blink and you might miss it. They're most likely satellites or space stations. Some move faster than others, but I saw loads moving around last night.

Its probably them just watching something tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could easily be a meteor. They're pretty common, even outside of meteor showers.

I remember seeing a really bright one once on my way back home from the pub. It was far brighter than any I'd seen before (or since) and was a lovely shade of violet/purple, which is apparently because of calcium burning.
Definitely shooting stars. Absolutely beautiful things :smile:
Most likely a shooting star. There was supposed to be a meteor shower between the 1st and the 5th, as well as a bright comet passing by this weekend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was a meteor shower recently so it is most likely that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. He told me his name is God.
I've seen something similar. Very weird, I thought it was the end of the world for some reason
Wow I'm so glad I'm not alone. I've seen probably hundreds, they began showing themselves to me last year.

I believe they are higher forms of life than us, non-interventionist, just appearing to let us know that they exist.

At first I was scared, then I came to the conclusion that if they wanted to harm me, they certainly would have done so already.

Really interesting :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6
I believe they are higher forms of life than us, non-interventionist, just appearing to let us know that they exist.
You are having a laugh, aren't you?
Original post by Simes

Look, you're clearly of low intelligence and closed-mindedness but I'll humour you. What makes you think I'm having a laugh?
Actually yes, was walking down from Bath uni into town late at night, around 1am, and over the horizon I was seeing really bright flashes of white light, happening every 3-5 minutes.. and they were coming from two completely different directions as well, some straight ahead and others off from another valley

The strangest thing was that there was no sound accompanying them, like you'd get with fireworks, and they were always white and extremely bright, like a flash on a camera but capable of illuminating an entire town
(edited 9 years ago)
I always see these things that shine like stars whenever I look up there.
I see blue stuff sometimes
Anyone sometimes see like a huge shadow, almost asif everything goes insanely dim for like a second, look above and nothing is there?
Reply 17
Original post by Stefano93
Anyone sometimes see like a huge shadow, almost asif everything goes insanely dim for like a second, look above and nothing is there?
Sounds like an aeroplane flew between you and the sun. When you're near a flightpath, that can happen a lot.
Original post by Simes

I'd like to apologise for my unnecessary language in my previous reply to you. You are 100% correct not to believe information given by a random on the internet. Once again I do apologise, though personally I have no reason to lie.
Reply 19
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6
I have no reason to lie.
Your proposition that the lights are "are higher forms of life than us, non-interventionist, just appearing to let us know that they exist" is so far removed from the available evidence of what the various lights in the night sky actually are, as to come across as humour.

However, there are some people who really do seem to believe in stuff they've made up from lack of data as well as trolls who pretend to be such people. I was just confirming you were intentionally sailing a line between these two extremes for comic effect.

Any creative explanation such as "It must be angels" or "it must be aliens" based on nothing other than spontaneous speculation could be any of those three things.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest