The Student Room Group

Grades in mocks and final grades

I got some of my mock results back today and will get some more later this week, unfortunately no A stars, but a lot ot A results. Do you think that with adequate revision (did not do a lot for the mocks) I will be able to get A stars in my GCSEs?. I plan to start revising in a couple of weeks for an hour a day and slowly increase the amount. Do you think that this will be adequate revision to get A stars in my subjects. Also one of the main subjects for me is maths, what would be some revision advice for maths?
Original post by SidTheSloth1
I got some of my mock results back today and will get some more later this week, unfortunately no A stars, but a lot ot A results. Do you think that with adequate revision (did not do a lot for the mocks) I will be able to get A stars in my GCSEs?. I plan to start revising in a couple of weeks for an hour a day and slowly increase the amount. Do you think that this will be adequate revision to get A stars in my subjects. Also one of the main subjects for me is maths, what would be some revision advice for maths?

I think the only person who can honestly answer this is you. If you got As with not much revision for sure you can get A*s with adequate revision especially if its GCSE. Just don't let the fact you got As with little revision get to your head. Maybe do 2 hours a week in January then increase by one or two hours as the months go by.

But yeah only you yourself know you capabilities so only you can answer it. As for maths revision just do practice questions lots and lots of practice questions. Watch youtube videos and stuff if you don't understand the topic but literally cannot stress enough how much past paper questions help ahaha.
Original post by SidTheSloth1

For maths it is obviously practice. Do one past paper each week and mark them. Also take every bit of help you are given since teachers are there for you and that is why they get paid. Be realistic and not pessimistic.
Do you know where I could find past papers for maths? MY school has some which we can use but only 2 sets
Reply 4
Please who knows a very good way to revise for English gcses because in scared ill fail!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are plenty of places for you to revise for english and for asking for help, however my thread isn't the place, you would get more help if you made your own thread
of course mate, people get B/Cs then all A*s sometimes!

all about the work in the next 4 months, revise like ****
I got (in my mocks) 2 d's 1a lots of b's and a C then in my real I got 1a* 2A 7B 1C

Posted from TSR Mobile
For past papers look on the exam board website.

However the maths GCSE has changed to linear so there aren't many 'real' examples but the older papers are still good to use for practice. Make good use of examners reports too as they highlight common mistakes and some give examples of candidates answers with a reason as to why they got the mark they did which is really useful.

Quick Reply

Latest