Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

hey ((im new to this!)
i got an interview at Clare, on the 11th and 12th Dec for Theology
and have to do a written aptitude test
:s-smilie: does anyone know what this is? On the website It only says Thinking Skills Assesment? :s-smilie:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
this website
http://tsa.ucles.org.uk/about.html
told me everything i wanted to know, and it has some practise questions.
Reply 42
got an interview at clare on the 6th of december for SPS
what do people make of the tsa?
Reply 43
I took the online one for a laugh (I'm a history applicant), seems pretty easy. A lot of it seems to be common-sense, reading the question properly and some simple maths.
Reply 44
I'm applying for maths, got interviews on the 4th December. Can't tell if I'm excited or nervous already, but quite likely my school is gonna be friggin' useless helping me prepare for it.
G'day everyone (first post and yes I am Australian),

I have two 25 minute interviews for Law at Clare on the 5th. The letter also mentioned a 90 minute test, does anybody know what that involves?

Well, good luck to you all!
Big_McLargeHuge
G'day everyone (first post and yes I am Australian),

I have two 25 minute interviews for Law at Clare on the 5th. The letter also mentioned a 90 minute test, does anybody know what that involves?

Well, good luck to you all!

Hey, I'm applying for law aswell. My 2 interviews and test are on the 6th.
I'm just as puzzled as u tho! i have no idea what the test involves and the website says there r no past papers available....

Congrats on ur 1st Post! lol! R u in Oz atm, do u hav 2 travel 2 Cam?
Gud lck with ur application :smile:
Emma
lil em sweetie
Hey, I'm applying for law aswell. My 2 interviews and test are on the 6th.
I'm just as puzzled as u tho! i have no idea what the test involves and the website says there r no past papers available....

Congrats on ur 1st Post! lol! R u in Oz atm, do u hav 2 travel 2 Cam?
Gud lck with ur application :smile:
Emma

Hey, nah I'm not in Oz, i actually moved to Zurich a few months ago, so i'll be travelling to Cam from there, and staying over night at the college. I guess most people on this site are from the UK though?

Well, good luck with your application too! I might see you at Clare?
I've applied for Natsci and I've got two interviews on 11th December. But they're at 12:00 and 2:00 and the TSA test sessions are at 11:30-1:00 and 1:30-3:00! And they haven't replied to my email querying this :mad:
Captain_Esther
I've applied for Natsci and I've got two interviews on 11th December. But they're at 12:00 and 2:00 and the TSA test sessions are at 11:30-1:00 and 1:30-3:00! And they haven't replied to my email querying this :mad:

Send another one!

At the moment there's building work on teh staircase that the tutorial office is on, hence there's a lot of disruption.

Also, http://ucs.clare.cam.ac.uk/forum (Not currently working, but will do soon!) has a section for prospective applicants for any questions. Seeing as there's two or three Clare members regularly on these boards, but a lot more on those, you're more likely to get your questions answered. And the answers are more liekly to be right, too!
Yay, got interview letter today from Clare college (japanese studies)-- 4th december :eek: first one is at 12:30pm with Dr Swenson-Wright and the other one is at 2:30pm wit Dr Sterckx :p: nervous now heh
kitsunechan
Yay, got interview letter today from Clare college (japanese studies)-- 4th december :eek: first one is at 12:30pm with Dr Swenson-Wright and the other one is at 2:30pm wit Dr Sterckx :p: nervous now heh

Eeeeeeeeee, same day as mine :biggrin:!

Are you staying over on Sunday night??
Well as my first one is 12:30pm and I live in London I'm not going to... Plus they sent me the details this tuesday and the accomodation letter was meant to be in on monday :redface:

How are you getting there/ when are you interviews? Might see you around *lol* neeeervous~
Reply 53
Captain_Esther

I've also got my nat sci interviews on the 11th, but at 11.20 (Dr J M Goodman) and 12.30 (Dr N C Greenham and Dr H Snaith). I've just realised thats only 2 weeks away - nooooo!
I'm staying over on Sunday 3rd, does anyone know what time we can get into our rooms? Or just whenever? And what do we do, just go up to the college and...wait and see lol? Or do we have to go to a particular place?? You get the gist of what I'm after here :p:!
hello i posted earlieR!
I was just wondering is anyone else applying for theology? or know what the apitutude test is :s-smilie: i have absolutely no common sense and am really worried about messin the whole thing up :frown:
good luck 2 everyone!
Reply 56
Has anyone heard about their accommodation yet? I'm hopefully staying over on Monday night but haven't heard anything back yet. I need to arrange transport and things if they do/don't allocate me a room, so they seem to be leaving it a bit late. So has anyone else been given their rooms for interviews next week?
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm meant to be staying over on Sunday night and I haven't heard anything about it either. I guess we just turn up whenever. I will e-mail them to see and let you know what they say.
Reply 58
Nice one. :smile:
I checked and they said that it's fine for me to get there anytime after 12:30 and they'll show me to my room so I'm guessing it's the same for you. Good-luck with your interview.

Quick Reply

Latest