Reply 60
Fantastic, good luck with yours too!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
So, I'm now officially wetting myself.
Reply 62
I'm worrying about tomorrow's interviews now.
heh, I'll join the club of nervous-about-tomorrow then ^^ Are people going to go straight to the interview or lounge around in the Common room of the Forbes Mellon Library? My first interview is in the oriental studies faculty but as I'll be arriving an hour early to get my bearings, might pop in just to ask for directions for my second interview (05, Mem Court anyone? is that a room, a floor?? :confused: )
Reply 64
O5 is a room. It's on O staircase, number 5. Go in the main entrance of Mem Court, turn right and it's the first staircase on the right. It should be labelled etc and the porters and random student helpers will be around to help you.
:biggrin: Cambridge is so cool! Everyone's so nice hehe - so tired now though lol. It's SO windy though! Clare is realllly nice :p:
:biggrin: lol, yeah, hair blown about all over the place :p: The people at the library common room were really friendly though, great that they had biscuitz coz I missed lunchtime :rolleyes: My college interview at Clare was if anything,more specific than my subject interview *lol* good thing i was still on a bit of a high from finishing my first one so I wasn't that nervous. Good luck to everyone who still has theirs :biggrin:
Helenia
O5 is a room. It's on O staircase, number 5. Go in the main entrance of Mem Court, turn right and it's the first staircase on the right. It should be labelled etc and the porters and random student helpers will be around to help you.

Thanks for this btw, cleared things up because I thought the O was a zero :biggrin:
Reply 68
Big_McLargeHuge
G'day everyone (first post and yes I am Australian),

I have two 25 minute interviews for Law at Clare on the 5th. The letter also mentioned a 90 minute test, does anybody know what that involves?

Well, good luck to you all!

Hah, someone i met!
Reply 69
hey again. 2 things. is there a welsh girl on here called Lowry applying for Medicine at Clare. We met at our interview. Secondly, when do we find out? Any economists for clare out there?
Reply 70
Armenian89
hey again. 2 things. is there a welsh girl on here called Lowry applying for Medicine at Clare. We met at our interview. Secondly, when do we find out? Any economists for clare out there?

Letters are sent out on the 2nd of Jan, so in theory we get them on the 3rd...
Lidia
Letters are sent out on the 2nd of Jan, so in theory we get them on the 3rd...

And we did!!!

Well done Lidia on your offer, I haven't fully read the whole decisions thread but I just remember you from it hehe!

Reply 72
Duck and Cover
And we did!!!

Well done Lidia on your offer, I haven't fully read the whole decisions thread but I just remember you from it hehe!

I've been remembered? How flattering! Thanks so much! :biggrin: Yeah, figured the colleges would be using first class post.... Hm, I suppose we can almost officially call ourselves Clare-ites! :smile:

Well done on your offer too! MML person, yay! Will you be reading French and German?

I see your location is Rugby - do you go to Rugby school? I know a girl who goes there. </random>
Lidia
I've been remembered? How flattering! Thanks so much! :biggrin: Yeah, figured the colleges would be using first class post.... Hm, I suppose we can almost officially call ourselves Clare-ites! :smile:

Well done on your offer too! MML person, yay! Will you be reading French and German?

I see your location is Rugby - do you go to Rugby school? I know a girl who goes there. </random>

Haha, no, no one in Rugby likes rugby school :p:

Yeah French and German...better get learning!! I'm SOOOO glad they didn't make AEA French part of my offer, otherwise i'd be pretty screwed :eek: !
Reply 74
Duck and Cover
Haha, no, no one in Rugby likes rugby school :p:

Yeah French and German...better get learning!! I'm SOOOO glad they didn't make AEA French part of my offer, otherwise i'd be pretty screwed :eek: !

LOL! OK then, I'm sorry I asked. :p: I just thought I'd ask as my friend is also a Cambridge applicant.

Yes, making an AEA part of an offer would be mean! I'm taking one purely because I know I'm not going to get an A in French unless I have a really nice examiner, and I'll need something to prove I'm not totally useless on A-level results day... Not that I have anything against French. Very nice language. :smile: I never had the opportunity of studying German. :frown:
Reply 75
Well done future baby Clareites (and commisserations to others who haven't been lucky :frown:)

Make sure you keep the main decisions discussion thread busy though, don't want to split up the population too much :wink:
Hey guys i didn't get in :frown:
But big congrats to those of you that did!
I had a gr8 time at interview though, clare is sooo beautiful - so enjoy it if u can...!! :smile:
Reply 77
Congrats to all future Clareites!

Apropos of nothing, here is a photo of Clare that I took today after the first snowfall of 2007!

Not really :frown: but one day I hope to be in Cambridge when it snows.
That was scary, I'm looking out of one of those windows and my brain's like "snow. what? but.... no... no snow.... but... photo has snow... snow?"
Hey, any successful Natsci applicants out there?
Also, I just wanted to see if the boy who was waiting outside when I came out of both my interviews and who also did the TSA at the same time as me (due to a clash, we did it late afternoon) got in. Either way, I'm sorry for not speaking to you. I was going to say hello at some point but I was too nervous with interviews to venture into social interaction!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending