The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nnoo99
I will see you there hahaha
are you requesting two nights accommodation then?

No just 1 on the 6th night :smile: How about yourself?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1161
Original post by SeanFM
Congrats guys, good luck with your interviews!

thank you:biggrin: best of luck with your uni study?
how do you get on with a maths degree so far
Original post by nnoo99
thank you:biggrin: best of luck with your uni study?
how do you get on with a maths degree so far

Pretty good thanks, enjoying most of it except for the algebra. Though I'm not a student at Cambridge so their course'll be quite different to mine, and I love my Maths course, particularly the Statistics and programming side of it.
Reply 1163
Original post by Student403
No just 1 on the 6th night :smile: How about yourself?

I am an international student but doing Alevel in UK.

going to get a coach from where I live to london then from london to cambridge, two 5h30m journeys are laying ahead of me.......
my interviews are on the 9th so I requested for accommodation the night before that
Original post by nnoo99
I am an international student but doing Alevel in UK.

going to get a coach from where I live to london then from london to cambridge, two 5h30m journeys are laying ahead of me.......
my interviews are on the 9th so I requested for accommodation the night before that

Aw no! :frown: Good luck with your journey!

I guess I won't see you there then but I hope your interview goes well.
Reply 1165
Original post by Student403
Aw no! :frown: Good luck with your journey!

I guess I won't see you there then but I hope your interview goes well.

you too!
I could have chosen to take the train which takes shorter time(3h30m) but still I need to transfer in London.
decided to take bus rather than train as i'm quite scared of trains:s-smilie: - once there were two trains coming at the same time I took the wrong one, taking me to another place but thankfully it wasn't too far away from where I needed to go.
what a joke but 5h30m is not that bad tbh, imagine I am preparing for interviews on the coach lol
Original post by nnoo99
you too!
I could have chosen to take the train which takes shorter time(3h30m) but still I need to transfer in London.
decided to take bus rather than train as i'm quite scared of trains:s-smilie: - once there were two trains coming at the same time I took the wrong one, taking me to another place but thankfully it wasn't too far away from where I needed to go.
what a joke but 5h30m is not that bad tbh, imagine I am preparing for interviews on the coach lol

Thanks!!

Ah yeah I'm taking a train from London up there. Haha true you should prepare well :smile:
HSPS applicant here :h: Interview is on the 7th of December but I'm coming in on the 5th and I'm staying with my sister (she's studying law at Caius) for the weekend so i hope to see some of you peeps there !!

Good luck guys :ciao:
Original post by Bezaleel25
HSPS applicant here :h: Interview is on the 7th of December but I'm coming in on the 5th and I'm staying with my sister (she's studying law at Caius) for the weekend so i hope to see some of you peeps there !!

Good luck guys :ciao:

So is mine :biggrin: I hope to see you there! (7th interview here)
Yes!at 9:50 on 9th!
Reply 1170
Original post by Luke Yan
Yes!at 9:50 on 9th!

you know what!!!!!! mine is at 9.50 as well
high five:colondollar:
Original post by nnoo99
you know what!!!!!! mine is at 9.50 as well
high five:colondollar:

woo!!Fantastic!!✋
Reply 1172
Original post by Luke Yan
woo!!Fantastic!!✋

how's your interview prep going?
I've got a Mock Interview with a maths teacher from another school but i m stressed out as I haven't done anything for interviews yet....
Original post by nnoo99
how's your interview prep going?
I've got a Mock Interview with a maths teacher from another school but i m stressed out as I haven't done anything for interviews yet....

My teacher told me that I will have a Mock interview on the next wednesday. I just looked up some interview questions on the internet, but they are too hard!!!!
So i've got two interviews for engineering, apparently in one of them I will be asked some questions that I will be given in a envelope one hour before the interview, but does anybody know what will the other interview be like? More general/personal statement focused or it'll still be maths and physics
My interview is on the 8th! Looks as if I'll be needing two nights of accommodation though because flights are a bit hectic.
Hey guys!

I've applied for CompSci and my interview + test is on the 8th but I'll be chilling in the common room on the 7th!
I'm brining my cards against humanity btw so see you there 😝
Hi guys :biggrin: I interviewed on the 7th! Did any of you? Maybe I saw you.. o.O

Original post by kyraaalm
Hey guys!I've applied for CompSci and my interview + test is on the 8th but I'll be chilling in the common room on the 7th!I'm brining my cards against humanity btw so see you there 😝

Ughh I love that game I wish I could have played x.x
To any prospective offer holders - join the fb group :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1190011907694412/

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I know this hasn't been active in a veeery long time but I was wondering if any potential Clare applicants/current students could tell me a little bit about their experiences? I only ask because I can't seem to find anyone else applying! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply