The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

The standard of english among Cambridge admissions tutors is really slipping, eh?

:p: haha...

medicine, interview on 2nd dec... anyone else this day?!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
english on 12th december, anyone stayin over 11th-12th
Reply 42
natsci biology on 12 dec....
meathead
The machine has been replaced by some lame touchscreen game :mad:

That's been there a while, the shooting game went last week and was replaced by some tennis game.
Reply 44
JohnStuartMill
That's been there a while, the shooting game went last week and was replaced by some tennis game.

WHAT!? they're changing things! NO!!!!! I'm not even gonna recognise the place when I get back now!
I got my letter yesterday - my interview's on the 4th.
Reply 46
:frown: am i the only one without an interview still?
Good luck with your interviews all. If anyone wants to catch a pint or something on the Sunday night, let me know :smile:
I may point out that the touchscreen games machine in emma bar is fiendishly difficult. I find it remarkable that 10 cambridge students have yet to make that thing pay out (or that those said students haven't stopped putting money in.)

Bloody addictive.

Good luck with your interviews guys, Emma rocks. I may be hanging around at the beginning of december so I'll be on the look out for interviewees!
Reply 49
soo... to everyone already at emmanuel, what actually is there in the college other than the accomodation?? All this about a touchscreen game lol, i'm intrigued :rolleyes:

I've never actually visited the college, tell me more about it so i can look forward(ish) to my interview in december :redface:
Minthumbug
soo... to everyone already at emmanuel, what actually is there in the college other than the accomodation??

I'm slightly curious as well. Like one of the colleges at UCSD is former army barracks but it has a nerd playroom full of the latest technology. They try to make up for the industrial nature with entertainment, lol.
Reply 51
hmmm don't you know if it is possible to stay over for two nights or only one is permitted?
murderdoll
hmmm don't you know if it is possible to stay over for two nights or only one is permitted?

I asked and got told it was fine for me to stay more than one night.. I guess if you ask if you can stay the whole month of December they might be a little less enthusiastic about saying yes! :biggrin:
Reply 53
Gryffindor
Yep, I'm applying for History.:smile:

Me too :biggrin: and I'm very scared about the whole interview thing.
NickiM
Me too :biggrin: and I'm very scared about the whole interview thing.

What day is your interview? Good Luck!!!

I'm soo nervous that I'll end up either sounding really pretentious or really dim. lol. My surfer chick accent doesn't do me any favors either. :smile:
parallelduck
I may point out that the touchscreen games machine in emma bar is fiendishly difficult. I find it remarkable that 10 cambridge students have yet to make that thing pay out (or that those said students haven't stopped putting money in.)

Bloody addictive.

Good luck with your interviews guys, Emma rocks. I may be hanging around at the beginning of december so I'll be on the look out for interviewees!

Who's that? Gary, Sam, Fran, myself and others have had it pay out like 4 or 5 times. Spot the Difference is the way to go for the money.
I so totally don't know you, and I don't think you know me either. How mysterious!

I keep randomly hearing about freshers I haven't met yet. Curious.

Spot the difference is hard - the new quiz machine doesn't have it. Snakes and Ladders is pretty cool though.
Reply 57
Gryffindor
What day is your interview? Good Luck!!!

I'm soo nervous that I'll end up either sounding really pretentious or really dim. lol. My surfer chick accent doesn't do me any favors either. :smile:

I'll PM you - don't want to put the date for the forums to see.

Well I can only invisage the worst case scenario at the moment, eeek!
NickiM
Well I can only invisage the worst case scenario at the moment, eeek!

Awh, good luck :smile: My worst case scenario probably matches one of the wonderful dreams we've been discussing in my psychology class..lol.
parallelduck
I so totally don't know you, and I don't think you know me either. How mysterious!

I keep randomly hearing about freshers I haven't met yet. Curious.

Spot the difference is hard - the new quiz machine doesn't have it. Snakes and Ladders is pretty cool though.

How new is new? We played it last week - Spot the Difference Deluxe. You're a Bio Natsci yes? I haven't met you but heard mention of you possibly. North Court > South Court.

Do you read the ROAR! thing? I was ducked the weekend of bar extension. Come see freshers play, you'll know who I am then.

Latest