The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Heard possible mention of me? Eerily ominious. I am indeed a bionatsci.

I do read duck - shame I don't still have that copy. I was pretty obvious the weekend of the bar extension myself. I suppose I could go over to North Court and read the sign for Q staircase, but I'm too lazy for that! The thing is, we probably have spoken.

I'm definitely coming to see the fresher's play, quite a number of my friends are in it...

I think the new quiz machine came out a few days ago. I could be wrong, as the days kind of blur for me.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
Gryffindor
Awh, good luck :smile: My worst case scenario probably matches one of the wonderful dreams we've been discussing in my psychology class..lol.

Thanks...

I just feel like I'm going to get slated and not show my full potential.
Reply 62
Has everyone who's applied to Emma received an interview date? I'm worried as I haven't got a letter yet telling me anything...
Reply 63
what are you applying for? when are the provisional dates?
Reply 64
engineering - the provisional dates are 4th 5th 6th and 8th december..i know its a while away but it worries me that some people have got their interview..I did receive the SAQ from them which i sent back but haven't heard from them since - I think I'll just be a bit more patient...
Reply 65
EDIT

I've had an offer interview date for History at Emma.

I'll write the right thing this time.
Reply 66
NickiM
I've had an offer date for History at Emma.

wow, now that is confidence - being given the date which you're going to be made an offer on!
Reply 67
Whoops...sorry - I wrote the wrong thing...!
I've decided I need to buy a pack of 84¢ international stamps, because Emma seems to love paper :p:
Reply 69
Yes, I know!

How are people preparing?
Erm, well I haven't done much preparation yet. I have next week off school, so I'm going to attempt to be disciplined and prepare then. I bought a bunch of books with the intention of reading them to prepare, but I haven't made it through very many of them yet.

However, I still have to finish another application (& decide which universities I'm sending it to, lol), so my preparing might be set back even more...
Reply 71
NickiM
Yes, I know!

How are people preparing?

well i read an english A-level biology book and some more on genetics (my chosen topic 4 natsci) and i gonna meet a geneticist who will sort outmy ideas and stuff.
furthermore, i revise my previous maths and chemistry modules and i will have a mock interview with an alumni.

eek, i'm so scared x(
Reply 72
murderdoll

eek, i'm so scared x(

I keep swinging from thinking I'll be ok to being absolutely paranoid :frown:
Reply 73
i got my interview date today! :biggrin:
The interview's for Engineering on the 4th (same day as a CAS checkpoint, an Economics commentary, and the day before my English SL oral - panic!)
So I'll be in Cambridge from Friday (or maybe Saturday) night to Monday, flying Geneva-Stansted. My interviews are at 0930 and 1200, and the TSA at 1400, so I'll probably get the 1805 flight. Anyone else going to be around Cambridge then? Or if you're flying in on Monday evening I can give you a welcoming party ;-).
For that matter, how about a competition for worst jet-lag (ok, i think you've won griffindor)
Good luck to all as usual, now I'm off to catch up on some Maths HL h/w (for a change, this is what the IB does to you)
Pete
Reply 74
i have my engineering interview on the 8th december on the friday and im gonna go up in the morning, i dont think i wanna stay over the night before, it just makes it all way to scary!! im actually really scared,cause i had my bath and bristol interviews and they were fine! no problem what so ever! i have imperial on the 6th... so i will be prepared for the 2 together which is good! but any ENGINEERING buddies out there for emma? what u doing for it? and i guess everyone has to take the tsa test.... ahhh

x nicky x
I got my reading today. I will read it after I finish reading Walden II :p:

I only have 1/2 my classes this week, so its a battle between TSR and doing get ahead work....
Reply 76
i just got more info from emma, and I can only stay 2 nights!
"I am afraid we are only able to offer overseas applicants accommodation
for 2 nights."

Even though I'm not really an overseas applicant, I'm an EU one, I think this affects a few of us Monday interviewees about staying over the weekend.

So which two nights is everyone going to be there? I'll probably be either with a friend in London, or at the youth hostel on the Saturday, seems like most people are staying Sunday-Monday.

lilnicky: when you get your intpack, then read up about the people as well as the subject. They have profiles on the emma site, you could try tracking them down online though (FWSEing them - inside joke for NewScientist readers). Perhaps a practice interview if you can find a willing victim :wink:

Pete
Our poor thread was on the second page.

So, how are ya'll doing? I'm trying to decide whether reading a couple hundred more pages of History will help me or worry me more.
Reply 78
I've got my engineering interview on the 4th
Reply 79
megxers
Our poor thread was on the second page.

So, how are ya'll doing? I'm trying to decide whether reading a couple hundred more pages of History will help me or worry me more.

hm imo you shouldn't start a new topic just before interview. it would only confuse you. but rewising some difficult previous ones would certainly help :smile: