The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'm applying for emma Geography. I was the only person at the open day in july who turned up to the Geography applicants' seminar....Just me and a don in a big lecture theatre....that was fun.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
O yeah and I do have an interview-yay-a week tomorrow
Reply 82
Awww, there were loads of History people on the open day I went to.

Good luck for the interview Tim.
Reply 83
imne is on the 12th:frown:
Reply 84
Good luck!
Good luck all at the interviews!!!
Reply 86
Arghhh...mine is tomorrow. Can I ask you a question - you know your preparation - what did you do, and did you feel you needed it in your interview?
Reply 87
good luck NickiM!!!

blueice: what subject do you apply for? and were your interview academical or rather logic-centered? i really can't decide which one shall i practice for.....
btw i'm so glad it went well:smile: hope you get in.....
Post Removed
Post Removed
Reply 90
I don't think I'll be getting into Emma after my interview performance :frown:
Reply 91
I wasn't going for Law, but History. I got 9 A* and an A at GCSE. I don't think I thought well....or how they wanted me to think.
I had mines too yesterday, at 2.25 and 4.20, for maths (I had five cups of coffee in various coffee shops to pass the time that morning). The first one went really well, I done some calculus and some sketching. The second one wasn't as good, there was some logic which I was okay for about the first eight questions but took a while on the last one (and needed much prompting). Also there was a question on geometry, which didn't go to well (but wasn't difficult for those who are worried, I was just nervous).

The college is pretty nice though. The pool table is awful and I could only seem to find undergrads on the Sunday night, but they were very friendly (they even invited me to the cinema :smile:).

Good luck everyone else with your interviews, sure you'll all do great.
Good luck to the rest of the applicants. I think I met a couple of you on sunday night playing Mafia/Trinity Students in the bar and I hope your interviews went well.

I've now left college and am having withdrawel symptoms.
parallelduck
Good luck to the rest of the applicants. I think I met a couple of you on sunday night playing Mafia/Trinity Students in the bar and I hope your interviews went well.

What is this Mafia/Trinity students game, sounds fun?
Reply 95
hi,
i have my mathematics with phyics :s-smilie: interview on thursday and im really nervous, simply because i dont know if ive prepared enough, or rather focused on 1 aspect rather than another,

could sum1 possible tell me how much of the interview will be academic questions (maths i expect) and which sorts, and how many will be academic general?

and how many questions they could possibly squeeze into the 40 minute and 20 minute interview? thanks so much, any help would be appreciated!

want to get it over with, but atleast satisfy them with the answers i give :frown:
Post Removed
radioman
hi,
i have my mathematics with phyics :s-smilie: interview on thursday and im really nervous, simply because i dont know if ive prepared enough, or rather focused on 1 aspect rather than another,

could sum1 possible tell me how much of the interview will be academic questions (maths i expect) and which sorts, and how many will be academic general?

and how many questions they could possibly squeeze into the 40 minute and 20 minute interview? thanks so much, any help would be appreciated!

want to get it over with, but atleast satisfy them with the answers i give :frown:
Maths, maths, and more maths. I applied for the same course as you and they asked me absolutely nothing except maths. The first interview was based around one question, but they also got me to solve another, mildly related one because I hadn't done that before. The second interview was about 8-10 short questions that were related, but I had the feeling that if I had answered all of these straight away then they would have plenty more similar questions at the ready.

I wouldn't worry too much, I didn't do any preparation and I don't think it went that badly. Basically if you're good enough you'll get in, I get the feeling that preparing more is only going to mean that they will have to search a bit longer before they find a question that makes you think, then they will judge you on how you tackle this problem :smile:
Reply 98
thanks a lot! :smile:, havent calmed me down, but it shows me what i should expect,

im just going over some graph skecthing its bound to come up, and also finish 'short introduction to mathematics'
Reply 99
could i ask, which interviewers did you have Ad, and what were they like? :biggrin:

Latest