The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TIF141
Random question, what is the food like at Emma?

I went for a summer school there and ngl it was the best English style food I've had since my nan stopped making chips! :smile: Plus I think Emmanuel has the nicest dining hall in Cambridge it's the only one with a bit of colouring in whilst still looking traditional, but all the summer school students said Pembroke does the best food apparently xD
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I've applied to Emma for natural sciences, and will hopefully get an invite for an interview soon. Does anyone what the arrangements are for staying over on your interview day? I heard some people coming from far are allowed to stay two nights for free, what exactly would the criteria for that be? I'm from the Netherlands, and unless both my interviews are in the morning the best flight arrangement would be arriving the evening before and leaving the afternoon after.

EDIT: never mind, found information online
(edited 7 years ago)
I've got an interview, anyone else? (I'm presume so lol)
Original post by richardhello
I've got an interview, anyone else? (I'm presume so lol)

I have and so does @domaths :smile: what subject are you applying for?
Original post by edanski
I have and so does @domaths :smile: what subject are you applying for?

NatSci. When's your interview, I will be around on the 5th and 6th.
English interview on the 8th!
NatSci. When's your interview, I will be around on the 5th and 6th.

History :smile: yeah I'm in on the 6th too :smile:
Physical NatSci with an interview in chemistry on the 9th! Arriving the day before and staying over for the night.
Original post by edanski
History :smile: yeah I'm in on the 6th too :smile:

are you arriving on the 5th? staying in college?
are you arriving on the 5th? staying in college?

Nah :smile: my interviews are in the afternoon so I'm setting off on the 6th but in the morning :smile:
Original post by edanski
Nah :smile: my interviews are in the afternoon so I'm setting off on the 6th but in the morning :smile:

Ah okay :smile: anyone who is around on the 5th in the evening let me know!
Has anyone heard back from Emma about HSPS interview? I haven't and I'm going crazy as the deadline is in two days.
Original post by edanski
I went for a summer school there and ngl it was the best English style food I've had since my nan stopped making chips! :smile: Plus I think Emmanuel has the nicest dining hall in Cambridge it's the only one with a bit of colouring in whilst still looking traditional, but all the summer school students said Pembroke does the best food apparently xD

Pembroke does the best food because they've got a Michelin star chef. But formals at Emma aren't bad (it's funny though because a lot of the stuff from formal gets served the next day at normal hall, from what I've seen last year desserts always get "recycled").
Reply 1793
Got my CompSci interviews on the 5th and 6th :biggrin:
Original post by foreignbloke
Pembroke does the best food because they've got a Michelin star chef. But formals at Emma aren't bad (it's funny though because a lot of the stuff from formal gets served the next day at normal hall, from what I've seen last year desserts always get "recycled":wink:.

Lah di dah Pembroke! :wink: yeah I had an Emma formal back in August and loved it :smile: is the thing about stealing cutlery from each formal until you amass a full set of your own an actual thing? One of the 3rd years told me everyone leaves formals with like a fork down their bra or a spoon in their pants :biggrin:
Original post by zpx
Got my CompSci interviews on the 5th and 6th :biggrin:

Hey I'm around at that time! Are you going to be staying over in the college?
Reply 1796
Hey I'm around at that time! Are you going to be staying over in the college?

Yup, I'll be there from the 4th until the 6th
Original post by zpx
Yup, I'll be there from the 4th until the 6th

I was thinking as emma don't do dinner for applicants a group of us could go for a meal and a drink?
Reply 1798
I was thinking as emma don't do dinner for applicants a group of us could go for a meal and a drink?

Sure, why not xD
Original post by zpx
Sure, why not xD

Let's see who else is around :smile: if there are more of us I think people will be more willing to come

Latest