The Student Room Group

Worried about gcse maths resit result

Hello! I resat my gcse maths exam in November because I only achieved a c grade ( one mark off a b) and as I want to study medicine, I need a b or higher.
I get my result this Thursday and I'm absolutely petrified. What if I get the same grade or worse? I worked hard for this exam but because maths has always been my worst subject, I'm expecting the worst.

any help?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
Hello! I resat my gcse maths exam in November because I only achieved a c grade ( one mark off a b) and as I want to study medicine, I need a b or higher.
I get my result this Thursday and I'm absolutely petrified. What if I get the same grade or worse? I worked hard for this exam but because maths has always been my worst subject, I'm expecting the worst.

any help?!

I know it's hard, but just try to relax. It really is true when they say that worrying won't change anything - there have been many times where I thought I did really badly on a test/exam but ended up doing decently, which basically meant that I ended up wasting so much time worrying.

If you get the same result or worse, there are still several options available to you and it won't necessarily mean that you can't study Medicine anymore. You could retake again in June or, if you feel that your paper(s) is marked incorrectly, you can request a remark.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
I know it's hard, but just try to relax. It really is true when they say that worrying won't change anything - there have been many times where I thought I did really badly on a test/exam but ended up doing decently, which basically meant that I ended up wasting so much time worrying.

If you get the same result or worse, there are still several options available to you and it won't necessarily mean that you can't study Medicine anymore. You could retake again in June or, if you feel that your paper(s) is marked incorrectly, you can request a remark.

Good luck. :smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I'm hoping it will turn out ok :smile: and congratulations again on getting into med school! You'll make a great doctor :smile:
Reply 3

any help?!

Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Reply 4
Original post by Green22
Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Haha, I saw this recently somewhere else and it resonated with me. Thank you for reminding me of it :smile:
Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I'm hoping it will turn out ok :smile: and congratulations again on getting into med school! You'll make a great doctor :smile:

Thank you, and good luck again. :smile:
Reply 6
Haha, I saw this recently somewhere else and it resonated with me. Thank you for reminding me of it :smile:

Its cool and remember you have already got a C like someone else has stated which does not mean you cant become a doctor. There are many ways to one career. Also A levels are more important so if you ace those and explain why you did not get higher than a C i am sure people will understand.

All the best for whenever you will get your results.:smile:
any help?!

I would say just dont think about it till it's the actual day you get your results . It seriously helps , in my opinion. As worrying just makes you think of all the worst situations possible. :smile: Good Luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Green22
Its cool and remember you have already got a C like someone else has stated which does not mean you cant become a doctor. There are many ways to one career. Also A levels are more important so if you ace those and explain why you did not get higher than a C i am sure people will understand.

All the best for whenever you will get your results.:smile:

Thank you, this helped a lot :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Chelsea12345
any help?!

I would say just dont think about it till it's the actual day you get your results . It seriously helps , in my opinion. As worrying just makes you think of all the worst situations possible. :smile: Good Luck!

Eek still quite nervous! I guess worrying is futile though. Thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Thank you, this helped a lot :smile:

:smile:
Reply 11
hey i did the same as you i did maths in june 2014 got 3 off an a which was a bummer im surr i flopped nov exams jopefully will grt them back this week
and today i did 1/2 papers for igcse maths
if you are worried and u didnt do as well ad you'd like you could see if there is a june entry again
it may be your revision methods that afeect your grade i say you do 45 mins then 15 to 30 mins rest or whenever you feel restless take a break really helped me for today!! good luckk:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
hey i did the same as you i did maths in june 2014 got 3 off an a which was a bummer im surr i flopped nov exams jopefully will grt them back this week
and today i did 1/2 papers for igcse maths
if you are worried and u didnt do as well ad you'd like you could see if there is a june entry again
it may be your revision methods that afeect your grade i say you do 45 mins then 15 to 30 mins rest or whenever you feel restless take a break really helped me for today!! good luckk:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thank you! Yes i may resit if my result i diabolical. It's very annoying to come close to the grade you need. Good luck as well :smile:
Reply 13
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1411-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

Grade boundaries November 2014 good luck guys I get my result tomorrow as well
Original post by rohan taneja
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1411-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

Grade boundaries November 2014 good luck guys I get my result tomorrow as well

They haven't changed much from Junes. Good luck :smile:
Reply 15
What do u think you got?
What do u think you got?

I think I got a B although I'm hoping and praying for an A! I would hate to get a C again :frown: how about you?
Reply 17
Hope I got a B my maths tutor was telling me that she has faith in me that i can get it because i did a different maths paper last year and got a D but these papers were better than the ones we did in our school so fingers crossed to get a C or above :smile: x
I think I got a B although I'm hoping and praying for an A! I would hate to get a C again :frown: how about you?
Hope I got a B my maths tutor was telling me that she has faith in me that i can get it because i did a different maths paper last year and got a D but these papers were better than the ones we did in our school so fingers crossed to get a C or above :smile: x

You'll be fine, I'm hoping we get what we need! Good luck for tomorrow, not long to go now :smile:
Reply 19
What did u guys get??

Quick Reply

Latest