The Student Room Group

Interracial Relationships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Being the brown guy at your asian girlfriend's family gathering is the worst.
Original post by 5SOW

At least you're both from asian countries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not unless however if you can speak the language - puts you in a different league.
You'll realise no one cares when you get to uni. I'm ethnically Arab and it's never stopped guys of other races from asking me out. European men appear to care the least, at least in my experience haha. In fact I've been in a relationship with a 'white' guy for 2.5 years now. Our families are also totally ok with it!
Original post by Super Troll
people can be with whoever they like.

I don't like you.
I think it's quite common nowadays and much more acceptable, as it should be. Why should people of different races not be together? Yes, sometimes it's not easy and you have to be willing to compromise on aspects of culture and religion.

I had an interracial relationship. I was open about it with my parents but my ex's parents weren't happy about it. I guess there are always stigmas or preconceptions in people's minds which can be hard to change.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Precious Illusions
omg. You need to stop, please, I'm begging you. It's not even TRUE :facepalm2:

In my experience it is true. Hence why I have never seen a white girl with an Oriental boyfriend in real life. (or known one who generally finds Oriental guys attractive)
Reply 47
Original post by Mr Smurf
In my experience it is true. Hence why I have never seen a white girl with an Oriental boyfriend in real life. (or known one who generally finds Oriental guys attractive)

You are seriously messing yourself up with this.
Original post by noramaria
whats your opinion on interracial relationships??

In my opinion

No Indian woman. No Chinese woman and LAST OF ALL,white woman, can ever understand me and the S**T and the rage and anger and the B.S, I as a black man go through.

No white women.....and to be honest most black women wont but for sure, no white women will....EVER.

I'll say this, to any black, brown or yellow person who is an I.R relationship with a white person, you only know what type of white person you are dealing with when they get angry, THAT IS WHEN you see them for what they are.

You think I'm wrong ? You think I'm crazy ? OK. Go talk to your white boyfriend or girlfriend about racism.....then watch how white they get, just watch, watch how they will dismiss what you say and defend white people.

I also think as long as the system of racism-white supremacy is on planet earth then any time a white person has sex with a non-white person, that is the same as the warden of a prison coming down to have sex with one their prisoners

Black people have been having sex with white people for CENTURIES. Yet every where black people go on this earth, we are told

1) We don't want you to work here
2) We don't want you to study here
3) We don't want you to play here
4) We don't want you to live here

We see a rise in the BNP, Rise in the far right, killing black men like it's nothing over in the USA. We see a world black people are the most hated, despised, look down on people on the planet. Hell - Even in Africa, the Lions and other wild life get more respect than black people.

So for all those who think that racism will go away if we all hope in bed, should think on that.

Most white men don't want to have mixed raced babies. Most white women don't either.

Bluebirds fly with bluebirds. Blackbirds fly with blackbirds. Pigeons fly with Pigeons

They're all birds !!! But they have their own way of doing things.

No Indian parents wants their son or daughter to marry a black person. Same to of chinese.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by noramaria
whats your opinion on interracial relationships??

I think its pretty much a non issue.

I think there can be issues with racial status between groups and difficulty understanding eachothers culture. I think it can be a fun journey but there can be some difficulties to overcome with tying to understand your partner.

I think theres a danger of people just dating people cause they find them an exotic sexual treat.
or that they are some how "sticking it to the man" or "mummy and daddy" showing how they refuse to be a part of this system by chosing an "alternative" partner lol.

There can also be significant difficulties when it comes to the family mixing and fiance stage if your dating easterners. oriental, arab and indian and even jewish families can be very resistant to accepting in foreigners.

I think black and white couples can have a shakey relationship if they are both aware of racial status history and all that sort of stuff. you may have heard stuff like, if your not black you can never understand how it is to be black. so if you can never understand that then you will never understand your partner if you are white and they are black. according to that rule anyway. but then again if your a man you can never understand what it's like to be a women and then therefore can never understand your partner?

i think there can be clashes if you are both intellectual people.

but i think people that are quite politically, culturally, sociologically, economically, historically ignorant and who don't really question things have very successful mixed relationships.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by CarlNorthWest
In my opinion

No Indian woman. No Chinese woman and LAST OF ALL,white woman, can ever understand me and the S**T and the rage and anger and the B.S, I as a black man go through.

No white women.....and to be honest most black women wont but for sure, no white women will....EVER.

I'll say this, to any black, brown or yellow person who is an I.R relationship with a white person, you only know what type of white person you are dealing with when they get angry, THAT IS WHEN you see them for what they are.

You think I'm wrong ? You think I'm crazy ? OK. Go talk to your white boyfriend or girlfriend about racism.....then watch how white they get, just watch, watch how they will dismiss what you say and defend white people.

I also think as long as the system of racism-white supremacy is on planet earth then any time a white person has sex with a non-white person, that is the same as the warden of a prison coming down to have sex with one their prisoners

Black people have been having sex with white people for CENTURIES. Yet every where black people go on this earth, we are told

We see a rise in the BNP, Rise in the far right, killing black men like it's nothing over in the USA. We see a world black people are the most hated, despised, look down on people on the planet. Hell - Even in Africa, the Lions and other wild life get more respect than black people.

So for all those who think that racism will go away if we all hope in bed, should think on that.

Most white men don't want to have mixed raced babies. Most white women don't either.

Bluebirds fly with bluebirds. Blackbirds fly with blackbirds. Pigeons fly with Pigeons

No Indian parents wants their son or daughter to marry a black person. Same to of chinese.

so knowing all of this now would you date a white girl?
Reply 51
In my opinion

Cool story. Tell it again.

Such an inferiority complex.
Who the heck cares?

If you ask me Interacial relationships help break down barriers between society - this was more common in the Ancient, Roman, Greek periods.

It would solve a lot of problems if people just dropped the prejudiced barriers.
Reply 53
Original post by 5SOW

I know how it feels... especially that moment where they first see you and show a disappointing look.
Original post by kkboyk
I know how it feels... especially that moment where they first see you and show a disappointing look.

Then how do you over come this? :confused:
Original post by R Dragon
I don't like you.

Brother!, whyyyy?
Original post by Super Troll
Brother!, whyyyy?

Let's start an alliance? :biggrin:
Original post by Mr Smurf

My stepsister's white and her bf of 6 years is Chinese :smile:
In my opinion

My aunt married an African American and they've been together for 20 years (including dating and marriage). Both of my grandparents were worrying over how well the guy treated my aunt, not his skin colour. And my brother in law's Chinese and my sister Indian...So I truly don't know what you're saying. And a lot of white guys I know wouldn't mind mixed race babies at all
Original post by R Dragon
Let's start an alliance? :biggrin:

yes OP:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending