The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP! Can I claim a maintenance grant/loan with Open University?

Hi,
I am looking to study BSc (honours) in Psychology with counseling with the Open University. I would like to participate in a full time course.
In my current situation I am unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance, I live with my partner and his parents.
Ideally I would like to completely sign off job seekers and study the course full time.
I have found out that a part- time tuition loan is available to me to cover the Open Uni course costs.
The problem I am having is that participating in a full time course with the Open University I would no longer be eligible to sign on. (I would prefer to be a student rather than claim JSA, though I'd only want to be a student with the online Open University).
I would like to know; is there any funding for living costs when studying with the Open University full time? Would I be able to claim a maintenance grant/loan or any other loan/funding? Am I entitled to any funding for living costs?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi there.

All Open University courses are considered Part-Time and will attract a loan for tuition fees only.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest