College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Literacy & numeracy assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi guys,
I have my literacy and numeracy assessments this friday at City university. What are the pass marks for both tests? Also, what is the essay writing based on? What do I expect in numeracy?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 41
No replies for you on this, but I'm having mine in 2 weeks time, it would be great if you can update this, how many questions in maths for how long and are they multiple answer based? Can you use a calculator? What essay question came up on literacy? Thanks!!!
Reply 42
Sorry calisa, I don't understand your txt
Reply 43
I was just wondering if you have taken the maths and literacy test, can you let me know how the tests went. I am having the test in 2 weeks time, so wanted to know how many questions are in the maths test and are they multiple choice answers? And in the literacy test, what essay question came up? Thanks
Reply 44
Oh ok.
Original post by Calisia
No replies for you on this, but I'm having mine in 2 weeks time, it would be great if you can update this, how many questions in maths for how long and are they multiple answer based? Can you use a calculator? What essay question came up on literacy? Thanks!!!

The maths are multiple choice questions and you can use a calculator :smile:

The essay question in the literacy paper is about nursing and your passion for the course, it varies depending on whether you want to be an adult/child or mental health nurse.
Reply 46
Thanks for your tips dear. I guess I will be ok then.
Original post by Lila A
Thanks for your tips dear. I guess I will be ok then.

Honestly the tests aren't anything to worry about, they were the easiest ones I sat when I applied :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 48
👍👍👍👍
Reply 49
Tnx
Reply 50
Guysss how did your assessments and the interview go? Mine is coming up in a few weeks. Since I'm applying through extras i feel like I'm not gonna get through the first stage. :s-smilie: Mind to share your experience about the interview, pleaseeeeee thankss
Original post by KingK16
Guysss how did your assessments and the interview go? Mine is coming up in a few weeks. Since I'm applying through extras i feel like I'm not gonna get through the first stage. :s-smilie: Mind to share your experience about the interview, pleaseeeeee thankss

The assessments are very straight forward - There's a Maths test consisting of basic addition, subtraction, division, measurements ect. The English test consists of two sections and an essay. Then depending on the kind of nursing you want to do, there's some short scenario based questions to answer.

The Maths and English were by far the easiest I sat (nearly in my 3rd year now, if I can do it anyone can, I'm terrible at maths!)

The interview itself is very relaxed - again, depending on the branch of nursing/level depends whether you do an individual or group interview. The questions are really relaxed and the interviewers are lovely - they want you to do well!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by babyshawte
Hi Guys,

City didn't work out. I was 3 marks off maths and 2 marks off English.

I'm going to firm middlesex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi dear, My name is alessandra and i have been invited to a maths and literacy test for midwifery course at MDX. I wanted to ask a suggestion for the essay as english is not my first language and I am really anxious about it. Would be much appreciated x
Original post by User1731925
Awh thanks for replying. Thing is iv already had my assessment and it was fir child nursing so i had a numeracy and literacy test but it was multiple choice so it wasn't too scary, now just waiting on results :smile:

How many did u have to get right?
Hi there,got an interview with Essex university 16may,am very nervous as my math is poor.need the place badly as it's near home.what else should I expect like questions asked in presentations
Worried alot about math

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending