The Student Room Group

Help Needed!! LLB vs, Law and Business

Hello everyone,

I was recently offered a place at QMUL, Warwick and LSE for LLB. I have decided to put either QMUL or LSE as my firm and warwick as an insurance. However given the world renowned reputation of Warwick Business School, I'm wondering if a joint honours between Law and Business would be better. I have a personal Interest in business studies too and the entry requirements are lower as well. Plus i intend to be a corporate lawyer anyway. Hence making the joint course a safer option for my insurance choice.

What would you guys Suggest? Should I go with LLB or a joint honours degree. Mind you that Law and Business is a 3 year or 4 year (if you want a qualifying law degree) degree depending on your choice, as opposed to the traditional 3 year LLB.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Getting an offer from LSE is no small feat. Congratulations. You will need to do the 4 year Warwick Law and Business degree if you want to qualify as a lawyer. That being the case, my suggestion would be for you to do the LSE LLB and then do a Master in Management after that if you still think that it is necessary - still a total of 4 years. In any case, you don't need a business degree to be a corporate lawyer. LSE LLB will get you to where you want to go.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
Getting an offer from LSE is no small feat. Congratulations. You will need to do the 4 year Warwick Law and Business degree if you want to qualify as a lawyer. That being the case, my suggestion would be for you to do the LSE LLB and then do a Master in Management after that if you still think that it is necessary - still a total of 4 years. In any case, you don't need a business degree to be a corporate lawyer. LSE LLB will get you to where you want to go.

Thankyou very much for the suggestion. I have decided upon warwick as my insurance and any of the LSE or QMUL as firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending