The Student Room Group

Distance Learning Maths

Hi!
I'm studying a module at the moment with the Open University, it is my 4th module. The first 3 were a breeze because I studied A-level maths and a lot of it I already knew. But this 4th module is completely new to me and it has an exam at the end of it. I've never really had to study properly before for the OU but now that I do, I'm struggling to find the motivation to sit myself down and learn, and when I do I don't know how to go about it other than reading the book (but it's not going into my head) can anybody offer me some tips?

Original post by gdickinson_
Hi!
I'm studying a module at the moment with the Open University, it is my 4th module. The first 3 were a breeze because I studied A-level maths and a lot of it I already knew. But this 4th module is completely new to me and it has an exam at the end of it. I've never really had to study properly before for the OU but now that I do, I'm struggling to find the motivation to sit myself down and learn, and when I do I don't know how to go about it other than reading the book (but it's not going into my head) can anybody offer me some tips?

Studying new stuff in a structured way is hard, especially if you're imposing your own study times, so you're not alone in this. Personally I'm a big fan of Anki (ankisrs.net) for making stuff stick. Can you find someone who is studying the same course at the same time, and set up a thing to work together? (Could just be a Skype call, doesn't have to be in person.)
Reply 2
Thanks, I'll check out that website :smile:

Quick Reply