The Student Room Group

totally screwed...

hey guys last summer I entered maths,biology and chemistry as levels . However I got u,u,u .... I was looking forward to study medicine at univercity .Currently I am senior year at high school and I really want to study medicine :frown: So my only chance is to resit all my as's and a2's It is going to be a rough year for me . Any advices ?
Yes, you can resit, hope for 3 A*s and still get into a lesser uni. Why? Because of the competitiveness of medicine. The better universities will know in some way that you got 3 U's, and immediately deny you regardless of your resit results.
Focus on getting the best grades you can. If I were you I'd consider whether there were any other degrees I'd be interested in instead, as Medicine is one of those annoying subjects in that it is so competitive that even a couple resits can set you back (let alone 3 ASs). Have you consider Biochemistry/Biology/Chemistry/Biological Sciences/etc instead?

3 U's also suggest you either are not capable of degree level Medicine (that's not to say you're not intelligent, just maybe 'bad' at sciences), did not revise, or had some other extenuating circumstance. You need to address this problem immediately.

Good luck.
Original post by Comeback

3 U's also suggest you either are not capable of degree level Medicine (that's not to say you're not intelligent, just maybe 'bad' at sciences), did not revise, or had some other extenuating circumstance. You need to address this problem immediately.

this ^^^

unless there is a clear reason you got 3 U's (e.g. severe medical issue) and that issue is now resolved it is a massive jump from a U to an A* even if you do pull your socks up and start doing some work in my opinion most intelligent people could get to a C/D level with no work at all
Reply 4
I need atleast 1 a 2 b for studying medicine tho :tongue:
Original post by doodle_333
this ^^^

unless there is a clear reason you got 3 U's (e.g. severe medical issue) and that issue is now resolved it is a massive jump from a U to an A* even if you do pull your socks up and start doing some work in my opinion most intelligent people could get to a C/D level with no work at all

N.B. to OP severe medical issue means triple heart bypass/chemotherapy/inpatient to psychiatric ward

You need to resit ok?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending