The Student Room Group

Physic question bet you u would not answer this

Can u explain why ? I'm confused what is it asking 4
May need to check if I'm right with someone else, but question 4 is asking for the component of force R acting parallel to the slope, since R is perpendicular to the slope it has no component force acting parallel so the answer would be 0 I think.

For question 5 you have to consider all of the components of the force acting on the box parallel to the slope, since the only component is from it's weight which is constant, the box will move at a constant speed and since the component of the weight is acting down the slope, the box will also move down the slope. So it will go down the slope at a constant speed I think.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as my mechanics is a tad rusty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvilRaptorMudkip
May need to check if I'm right with someone else, but question 4 is asking for the component of force R acting parallel to the slope, since R is perpendicular to the slope it has no component force acting parallel so the answer would be 0 I think.

For question 5 you have to consider all of the components of the force acting on the box parallel to the slope, since the only component is from it's weight which is constant, the box will move at a constant speed and since the component of the weight is acting down the slope, the box will also move down the slope. So it will go down the slope at a constant speed I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does perpendicular to the slope mean no component force acting parallel
A right angle triangle has an adjacent side which equals parallel side
Original post by EvilRaptorMudkip

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you Aristotle? An unbalanced force is acting on the object therefore it will accelerate down the slope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry my bad, like I said I haven't thought about it for a while and forgot how forces worked, ah well, not like forces ever affect us in our daily lives or anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest