The Student Room Group

GCE Edexcel Mechanics

Hi .2 years ago I finished edexcel c1 c2 c3 c4 fp1 and fp2 with a score of 586/600 and now I am considering studying mechanics on my free time since I will be serving in the army for another 1.5 years so I was wondering which books from mechanics shall I read so I can get another a level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The book you should buy would depend on which exam board you choose.
Original post by Rambokill
Hi .2 years ago I finished edexcel c1 c2 c3 c4 fp1 and fp2 with a score of 586/600 and now I am considering studying mechanics on my free time since I will be serving in the army for another 1.5 years so I was wondering which books from mechanics shall I read so I can get another a level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean GCE not GCSE

There is no A Level in mechanics

You currently have an A Level in Pure Mathematics ... One which I assume you have "cashed in"

In theory c1-4 m1 and fp1-2 m2 would give a level maths and as further maths ... However I believe that there is a time limit on using previous units and I have no idea what the time limit would be on combining new units with ones already used .... You need to call the maths team at Edexcel and ask http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/subjects/mathematics.html
I would advise against the Edexcel Mechanics books, they are not particularly rigorous (and I just hate all the color and large text they have in there).

I would suggest the Cambridge OCR books, or Mechanics and Probability by Bostock and Chandler.

Quick Reply

Latest