The Student Room Group

Difference between abstract and intro?

I have to include an abstract and an introduction in my essay but I have no idea how an abstract is different to the introduction?!

If it helps explain, the essay question is - "Please provide a formally fully developed essay on the practical value of the addressed cultural profiling tools for global business leaders. In this context please also describe the different components for at least one of the models. You are encouraged to additionally use examples your own or from other sources for how the cultural dimensions affect business decisions."

Another question, the essay is 2,500 words. How many words should the abstract be roughly?

Reply 1
An abstract is an overview of your entire essay; a summary of what you discuss, and the eventual conclusion that you draw. If there is no suggestion for how long your abstract should be, probably aim for around 200 words, someone should be able to just read your abstract to understand the content of your essay. Write your abstract after you've finished the rest of the essay!

The introduction is just to open the essay, addressing what you will discuss, and perhaps any background information that is relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending